Scene 4 -The Struggle-

Setting: Village

Narrator: Who would have thought that a princess living in a palace, groomed and served by a thousand handmaids, born with not only a silver but a golden spoon would struggle to live each day, hoping that she would find even a crumb of bread just to appease her growling stomach, would try to survive in order to live. Who would think that this would be the life of our future Queen for years... until one day...

(Light's slowly fades in)

(Busy villagers and Trystein on one side) (Looks hungry and weak) (she'll try to go from garbage to garbage looking for some left overs. Some of the villagers will shoo her away.)

Villager 1: you filthy beggar! Get out of here. You're driving my costumers away! Get out!

(T will walk away. Go to another can. Find a food but another beggar will snatch that. T will try to get it back but is too weak to run. Slump and slowly stand up again. Go to another can. Some men will try to bully her (maniac moves))

(suddenly, the village went frantic) (and then the sound of a trumpet)

(nahawi ang mga tao tapos lumabas si King Ardon, nagmasid masid sa palagid) (Si T patuloy lang sa ginagawa nyang paghahanap ng pagkain) (T is still beautiful kahit na medyo madungis tapos may sira ang damit)

King Ardon: You. Woman. Come here. (authoritative)

(napatingin ang mga tao sa direction ni T tapos nagbulungan)

Trystein: (looks at KA puzzled) (looks at herself and then looks at KA again)

KA: Why are you still standing there? I said, come here. (a bit upset)

T: (obliged) (looks down and then looks at KA again)

KA: What is your name? (kingly voice)

T: Trystein, your Majesty.

KA: Trystein. Very well. You're quite a beauty and a well-mannered maiden. (iikutan si T at ioobserve) except with those rags and that (pause) hmm. (ituturo ang mukha ni T ng mga daliri na ginagalaw galaw tapos magmake-face na parang nag-iisip at nandidiri) ) (sharp breath) dirt.

T: (looks at herself again)

KA: (stops in front of T then looks at her) I do not know who you are but you are quite interesting. (frankly) Do you want to get out of the mess that you are in?? Then come with me and be my wife.

(T looks up shocked and then light's out)

-Light's out-