Chapter Two

The next morning, the Ylissean Shepherds and I arrived at Ylisstol; the capital of Ylisse. Everyone was gathering at the castle, waiting for the Exalt.

Robin was surprised when he found out that Chrom and Lissa were royalty. He started being polite but Chrom stated that he would rather be called by his first name instead of addressing him as 'Prince Chrom' or 'Milord'.

As we all entered the castle, Exalt Emmeryn was speaking to one of the most well known pegasus knights, Phila. Emmeryn saw us and smiled warmly. Robin stood beside me and held my hand. Chrom looked at me and his facial expression told me that he was jealous.

"Welcome home, Chrom." She greeted.

Chrom faces her sister and smiles. The Exalt, Chrom, Phila, Lissa, and Frederick were having a long conversation. Robin and I were looking at each other; not knowing what to say.

"Princess (Y/N)?" Exalt Emmeryn asks.

"Yes?" I respond as everyone looks at me curiously.

"Princess?!" Everyone questions except Emmeryn.

"Yes, I presume." Emmeryn states as she looks at my [E/C] eyes.

"Well, I was a princess... but not anymore." I explain vaguely as I look down at my shoes.

Robin squeezes my hand; trying to comfort me. I can't help but sob; remembering what Aversa told me before I left the Plegian castle.

'Pathetic little girl, you were never a princess. You're just like your mother, weak and useless.' Aversa said as I ran out of the castle doors.

Robin hugged me as I cried on his shoulder.

"I'm sorry! I didn't mean to provoke any bad memories!" Emmeryn apologized frantically.

"It's fine," I forgave her as I wipe my tears with my sleeve.

I explained to Emmeryn about my life in Plegia, my parents, and how I managed to escape from that hell hole.

After talking about my life, she hugged me and told me I was a brave and strong person.

"You've been through so much (Y/N)," Chrom stated.

"Well, enough crying. (Y/N), Robin, I wanna take you to the barracks and show you around." Lissa stated.

"We'll see you later then. Chrom and I have a meeting to attend." Emmeryn grinned as Lissa, Robin, and I leave.

***

Lissa introduced us to the other Ylissean Shepherds; Vaike, Sumia, and Maribelle.

Vaike and Sumia were kind but Maribelle didn't seem to like me and Robin one bit. Lissa says that she's rude towards newcomers but warms up quickly. I shrug, not caring about Maribelle's attitude.

After the introductions were made, I decided to take a nap by the lake near the barracks.

***

"(Y/N)? Wake up! We're going to Regna Ferox." Chrom stated as he was shaking me.

"Give me five more minutes." I complained as I felt him carry me bridal style.

"No come on, everyone's waiting for us." Chrom stated as he carried me back to the barracks.

After I told Chrom to put me down, we headed off to Regna Ferox. I asked him why we were going there and he told me that Exalt Emmeryn wanted an alliance with the Feroxi and needed more soldiers and supplies to fight the Mad King. After the explanation, we talked about random things; mostly about our lives. I learned that Chrom's parents died when he was a child and Emmeryn became an Exalt at the age of ten. The Ylisseans hated her back then but eventually grew to love her.

As Chrom and I continued talking, I felt something sharp penetrate my stomach.

The last thing I heard was Robin and Chrom calling my name.