Chapter Five

We slowly pulled away and I blushed deeply.

"I'm sorry (Y/N)... I love you..." Chrom uttered.

"Chrom... I don't know if—"

"I understand if you don't feel the same way. But just know that I care about you." Chrom interrupted as he walked away.

I gaze over at Robin, Lissa, Basilio, and a brunet haired male having a conversation.

I end up leaving and go back to camp; I head towards my tent and lay in bed thinking about what just happened a few moments ago.

I shouldn't be thinking about this too much. It's probably was just him confessing his feelings towards me. I thought as my eyelids start to feel heavy. I close my eyes and let the darkness consume me.

***

"My daughter..." A familiar sinister voice whispers as I look behind me.

Validar.

I flinch and back away slowly. I turn to stare at my devilish–looking father.

"You are the fell dragon Grima." He states as he laughs evilly.

My eyes widen in horror as he says that.

"N-No! I can't be and I will never be!" I exclaim.

"Accept the fact that you are. I need you and I will find you! Just you wait!" He shouts.

***

I wake up with cold beads of sweat rolling down my temples. I sit up and notice that Lissa was standing besides my bed.

"Woah! (Y/N) are you alright?!" Lissa questions worriedly.

"Y-Yeah, I'm fine. I just had a nightmare, that's all." I reply sheepishly.

"Well, I just came here to tell you that you need to pack up and be ready in an hour since we need to go back to the capital by this afternoon." Lissa explains.

"Okay, thanks for telling me. I'll be ready soon." I spoke as I got up.

"Are you sure you're fine?" Lissa asks gazing at me.

"Yes, I'm okay I promise." I respond.

"I don't believe you but okay. If you feel the need to talk about your nightmare, I'm here." Lissa stated.

"Thank you Lissa. You're so thoughtful." I compliment as she grins and walks out of my tent.

***

We all arrived at the castle in the afternoon just like Lissa said.

The blonde Exalt welcomes me, Chrom, Robin, Frederick, and Lissa home. Chrom reports to Emmeryn that Ylisse now has an alliance with the Feroxi. The blonde haired female is thrilled to hear the news and thanked Chrom for everything that he did.

"Your Grace!" The captain of the pegasus knights exclaims as she runs towards us.

"Phila, slow down please, what's happening?" Emmeryn questions the blue haired female.

Phila began to explain that the Plegian soldiers were spotted in the Southwestern border of Ylisse. According to her, the Plegians attacked the village of Themis and abducted the duke's daughter, lady Maribelle. King Gangrel claims that Maribelle invaded his country and wants the Ylissean royals to pay reparations for Maribelle's insult.

Chrom was not having it and went on to say that the Mad King had been trying to provoke a war with Ylisse. The Exalt comforted the blue haired prince and told him that she will have a parley with the Plegian king.

Lissa and Chrom argued and demanded her to reconsider her decision. Emmeryn countered saying that she's had enough of Ylisseans losing their lives.

In the end, we all decided to accompany the Exalt in order to save her from her good intentions.

***

"(Y/N)?" Robin called as he came into my tent.

"Yes Robin?" I replied back.

"We need to talk..."

"About?"

"The fact that you kissed that dastard!" Robin exclaimed angrily.

My eyes widen in shock, "Y-You saw that!"

He glares at me, "I want you to stay away from him from now on!"

"From who?" Chrom asks as he walks in.

"From you!" Robin yelled.

"Robin, please calm down..." I spoke.

"Stay away from (Y/N)!" Robin screams as he walks out of my tent.

It took me a while to realize that he was jealous of the fact that Chrom kissed me.

Oh boy, what have I done? I thought as I look at the confused blue haired prince.