Chapter Nine

The Ylissean Shepherds were able to fight off the Plegian brigands. However, the Ylisse's Pegasus Knights Squadron were not so lucky.

A beautiful red-haired Pegasus Knight named Cordelia was the only survivor, and gave Phila and Emmeryn the news that the border was invaded.

Tears started streaming down Cordelia's pale cheeks. I could not help but feel sympathetic towards the red eyed girl.

I pat her back and try to comfort her.

"I should have stayed... I should have stayed..." Cordelia mumbles.

"You did what you could, Cordelia. Sometimes fleeing takes the most courage. Your comrades knew that." I state as she keeps crying.

"The sisters rightly prized your youth. Now pull yourself together, and let the faith they showed you in you give you strength." Phila added as Cordelia tries to gain her composure.

"Damn those monsters!" Chrom shouted.

"I must return to the capital." Emmeryn states.

Phila and Chrom argue that it is not safe to go back to House Ylisse. Emmeryn however, counters that the Ylisseans will panic if they find out that she has left the capital and gives Chrom the Fire Emblem. The blonde Exalt tells Chrom to take it to safety, and continue their journey to Ferox.

The Ylissean princess was crying at this point.

"Dry your tears, love. This is not goodbye." The Exalt said softly.

Emmeryn turns to look at her younger brother, "The blood of the first Exalt flows strongly in us. We will all keep Ylisse safe. I believe it with all my heart. I love you Chrom, Lissa. Both of you are my everything." She stated as Phila started escorting the Exalt to the capital.

***

My head was still spinning from the events that happened earlier.

The border was invaded, Ylisse's Pegasus Knights Squadron was completely wiped out except Cordelia, and Exalt Emmeryn returned to House Ylisse.

Chrom, Lissa, and I were currently in Arena Ferox. I couldn't help but feel sympathetic towards the Ylissean Prince. He was still in a state of shock, especially the Ylissean princess.

"She's safe inside the castle, right? Phila and the others are protecting her, and Khan Flavia is assembling her best troops. We'll make it back home as soon as possible!" Lissa exclaims as Chrom was lost in his own thoughts.

"...What?" Chrom asks.

"Ugh, never mind!" Lissa shouts.

I notice Sumia approaching us, specifically "the love of her life" as Sully puts it.

"Snap out of it, Captain!" Sumia yells as she punches the prince's face.

"OW! What the hell was that for?!" Chrom exclaimed as he places his hand on his somewhat bruised cheek.

"Oh no! ...Did I do it wrong? Captain Phila said sometimes a good slap will break someone out of their mind." The clumsy pegasus knight explains.

"When you slap someone, you do it with an open palm." I tell her as she shrugs.

"Well, it's the thought that counts?" She questions.

"Gods, that seriously hurt..." Chrom complains as we hear Khan Flavia laugh.

The ebony blonde comments that the blue haired prince is lucky to have strong women than delicate women. She tells us that the Feroxi army is ready to fight the Plegians from Ylisse. She also states that she is coming along with her insignificant other, Basilio, or the oaf as she puts it.

"Chrom!" Robin shouts as he runs up to us, Basilio following behind.

"I'm afraid we have bad news..." Robin states.

"What is it?" He inquires.

"Our scouts have reported back... Ylisstol has... fallen..." Basilio spoke.

"Oh gods, I know where this is going..." I mutter as I mentally prepare myself for the worse.

"The Plegians captured the Exalt and retreated back to Plegia castle. Gangrel declared that she'll be publicly executed within the moon." The West Khan reports as Chrom's eyes widen in horror.

"Executed?! W-What?!" He booms as Lissa faints.

"Lissa? Lissa!" Robin exclaims as he holds her petite figure.

"That dastard's not even trying to be subtle anymore." Flavia comments.

"I agree, this is obviously a trap." The tactician also comments.

"The Mad-King knew our scouts would relay this information back. He's clearly trying to provoke us. We should consider our plans carefully before jumping—" The ebony Khan was interrupted by the Ylissean Prince.

"Everyone! We march to Plegia!" Chrom demanded.

"Peace, Chrom... The Khans are basically saying we should act wisely in order to save your sister." I added.

"(Y/N) is right. I'll think of something, Chrom. I promise." The white haired tactician stated as Chrom relaxes a bit.

"...All right, Robin. I'll leave it to you to formulate a strategy." Chrom states as I feel him gently hold my (S/C) hand.