Chapter Three

I woke up to a painful stomachache.

What happened? I thought to myself as I try to recall what had happened when I was chatting with the Ylissean prince.

The last thing I remembered was Chrom and Robin calling me.

I try to sit up but Robin lays me back down.

"Don't! You're hurt and you should get some rest." Robin states as I cross my arms and pout.

"But I'm—Ouch!" I groaned as I clutch my stomach.

"That's what I thought." He smirked as he sits on my bed besides me.

I ask him what had happened after I passed out and he told me that a Risen archer shot my stomach a few hours ago. I was losing a lot of blood, to the point where I was on the verge of death. However, Lissa came to the rescue and saved my life.

I should thank her when I see her. I thought.

"I'm so glad you woke up by the way. I don't want to lose you." Robin stated as he lays down besides me and spoons me.

I feel my cheeks burning.

Dammit Robin, why do you make me feel like this? I thought as I bury my face into his chest.

He stokes my hair and stay in this position. After what seems like hours, my eyelids start to feel heavy. I close my eyes and let the darkness consume me.

"I love you (Y/N)." Robin whispers into my ear as I fall into deep sleep.

***

The next morning, I woke up and saw that Robin was not next to me.

He probably woke up early to speak to Chrom about our next battle. I thought to myself as Lissa walks into my tent.

"Good morning (Y/N)! Did you get a good nights sleep?" Lissa asks as I sit up.

"Good morning Lissa! Yeah I did, thanks for asking. I wanted to say thank you for saving me yesterday. I am very thankful for what you did." I state as she hugged me gently.

"I would do anything for you (Y/N). You're my best friend; even though we just met but, I feel like I've known you all my life." Lissa states.

Lissa's comment made me feel special. I smiled at her and told her that I hope our friendship grows stronger.

After talking for a little bit, she unties the bandage cloth around my stomach and checks the huge bruised wound. Lissa uses her Mend staff and heals my stomach. It felt so much better.

"Thanks again Lissa!" I stated as she nodded.

"No prob! Let's go eat breakfast together! Sumia's cooking is the best!" Lissa cheers as I got up from my bed and we both head to the Mess Hall.

***

After breakfast, the Ylissean Shepherds headed to Regna Ferox. Sumia decided to stay behind to heal a pegasi's leg. She told us she would catch up to us and insisted on going on without her.

During the whole trip, Robin and I were holding hands. We didn't exchange words but that was fine with me. Chrom would look back at us every once in a while. I found it strange when he would glare at Robin. I didn't think too much of it and ignored his facial expressions.

When we arrived to Regna Ferox the wind around me felt chilly. I shivered due to the cold wind. Robin finally untwines my hand and I wrap my arms around my biceps.

"Do you want my cape (Y/N)?" Chrom asked.

"U-Um sure, but you're not cold?" I respond as Chrom shakes his head.

"Not at all. Here..." Chrom states as he wraps his cape around my shoulders.

"Thank you Chrom!" I beamed as I kiss his cheek.

I realize what I did and I apologize nonstop. He tells me not to worry about it. I feel my cheeks heating up and I don't make eye contact.

After walking for a few minutes, Chrom tells us to wait for him in front of the gate. He speaks with the Feroxi but they give him dirty looks.

The Feroxi lancers grab their javelins and point them at Chrom.

"CHROM WATCH OUT!" I shouted as they throw their javelins at Chrom.

As the javelins were being thrown, a certain pegasus knight saves the Ylissean prince.

Sumia!! I thought as Sumia's pegasi lands next to the shepherds.