Chapter Eight

The Ylissean Shepherds manage to fight the Plegians off the palace. We were able to protect Emmeryn thanks to Marth who ran off after the battle was over. Chrom caught her walking outside the castle and was able to chat with her for a bit.

We gained two new allies during the battle, Panne and Gaius. Panne is the last taguel remaining. Gaius is a thief and has a sweet tooth; I was surprised when I heard that, considering he doesn't look like the type to eat sweets.

Emmeryn, Robin, Phila, and I were currently chatting with Panne. The taguel was talking about how a group of people invaded her home and slaughtered most of her kind. She managed to escape and was saved by Ylissean soldiers, which is why she helped us on the battlefield.

The Exalt tried to empathize with Panne. At first she thought the blonde Exalt was pitying her and got a little defensive, but Emmeryn apologized for what the humans did to the taguel's kind. Panne stated that she didn't do anything, but trusted the exalt.

After the conversation ended, I went to the guest room in the palace and decided to read for a little bit since I had nothing else to do.

I heard a knock on the door and stood up to answer it. I opened the door to find Robin standing in front of me.

"Hey, do you mind if we talk a little? It's kind of important." Robin stated as I let him come in. We both sat on the bed.

"So what is it that you want to talk about?" I ask, twirling my (h/c) hair.

"It's about Validar." He responded as my eyes widen in shock.

"After we defeated him, he said something about wanting to submit you to honor you with the truth." He explained as I sat frozen in fear.

Oh Naga, this doesn't have to do with the dream I had a few nights ago. Does it? I hope not!

"Do you know what he's talking about (Y/N)?" Robin asks.

"No! I-I don't know!" I answer as I gaze down.

"You're lying (Y/N)... please tell me what is going on." He states as I start telling him my nightmare.

***

After I told Robin about my nightmare from a few nights ago and answering a few of his questions, he pulls me into an embrace.

I couldn't help but blush, it's been a while since we've cuddled.

He's so cute! I thought as I hugged him back tightly.

"I'll protect you no matter what..." he tells me as he buries his face into my hair.

"Thank you Robin," I stated as we both lay down on the guest bed.

I bury my face onto his toned chest as he strokes my hair.

"...I'm sorry for overreacting the other day, I can't help but feel jealous every time your with Chrom." He confesses as I gaze up at him.

"I'll admit, he's pretty handsome." I state as I smirk.

Robin playfully glares at me and smirks also.

"Do you want to be punished princess?~" he asks lustfully.

My eyes widen in horror as I feel a tickling sensation on my waist. I start to laugh uncontrollably.

"R-Robi-in!" I squeal as he chuckles.

"I'll stop tickling you if you say you love me." He says as I continue laughing.

"I-I lo-ove y-you!" I scream as he finally lets me go.

I sigh in relief and playfully punch his shoulder lightly.

"Ugh, you're so mean!" I exclaim as I pout.

"But you love me.~" he says as we both cuddle and fall asleep in each other's arms.

***

The next day the Ylissean Shepherds decided to escort the Exalt to the eastern palace where Emmeryn would be safer from the Plegian assassins.

Emmeryn did not really like the idea of leaving the capital at first, but in the end Phila and Chrom convinced her to go into hiding for a bit.

It was midday, and my feet was tired from walking all morning. I could tell the others feet started to hurt too except Chrom's.

Damn, he sure has a lot of endurance. I thought.

"Ugh my poor feet hurt!" Lissa complained.

"Oh, it's not so bad Lissa. Just a healthy little stroll! How are you holding up, Robin?" Chrom asks.

"My legs feel like pudding..." Robin complains.

"And you, (Y/N)?" He asks.

"I feel like I'm going to pass out..." I state.

"Hah! Should I carry you?" He teases as he smirks.

"You can carry me! ...no seriously I wouldn't mind." Lissa states as I start to feel uneasy.

Something is not right... I thought as Frederick snaps me out of my trance.

"Is something troubling you, (Y/N)? You seem hushed." Frederick states.

"Something doesn't feel right, I can't quite put my finger on it..." I state as I see a brigand approaching me.

As the brigand is about to swing his axe at me, Robin blocks the attack.

"Are you alright (Y/N)?!" He questions as he finishes off the brigand.

"I should be asking you that!" I exclaim.

"I'm fine don't worry about me..." he says as the Ylissean Shepherds prepare for battle.