Against the Clock

You gulped hard.

Okay, find the key. Unlock the door. Save Mark.

It all sounded a lot easier in your head.

Come on, Y/N. For Mark!

'That's cute' Anti mocked you and walked over to the wall that was opposite the door.

He leaned on it and crossed his arms over his chest.

'I'll give you a thirty second head start, to make things fair' he said, adding a childish tone to his voice.

You tried to keep your breathing steady, 'And if I don't make it?' you dared to ask.

'Then you'll be my pet forever, and I'll have fun with dear little Markimoo' he chuckled to himself.

You straightened your back, you had to do this or you may as well be dead.

The whole time you were supporting yourself with one hand on the wall but it was at this moment that you tried to stand on your own.

A white pain shot up your body again.

How on earth am I going to walk if I can't even stand?

'Guess you'll be stuck with me then' Anti said cockily, you never took your eyes off of the door, rallying yourself up for what was to come.

'30' Anti shouted, signalling that the countdown had started.

As soon as your foot left the floor you felt pain take over your thoughts.

'29' he bellowed, you took another couple of steps till you were at the doorframe.

'28' he continued.

You were doing pretty good considering the state you were in.

'27' came from behind you.

You pushed yourself from the doorframe to the bannister that was just out of your reach.

'26'

You held onto the bannister as you tried to make your way to the stairs when you heard Anti's voice come from within your own head.

25

'I can hear you, you don't need to invade my thoughts' you shouted towards the door.

24

Shit, I just wasted time.

You could see the door from the top of the stairs, you went down one step and collapsed so you were in a sitting position.

23

You pulled yourself up by the bannister, then you got an idea. You swung your leg over the bannister and rode it to the bottom floor.

22

You landed with a thud which did nothing for your leg, but hopefully you'd saved yourself some time.

21

You hobbled to the front door, the key might be next to the door.