fourteen - JB but not justin bieber

i never knew this.

The doorbell rings while I'm busy petting Nora.

I make sure to shoo her away before opening the door, and as expected, I see Choi Youngjae with his brown hair and tired face. I gesture for him to come inside as I clean up some dirty plates and jackets in the living room. He sits on the couch, again, with that awkward pose.

"What is it, Jaebum-hyung?" He looks up to me while asking that and I sit besides him, holding my hands together.

"I want to offer you a chance to try something that doesn't have to do with a hospital. Where the only requirement is to take care of yourself." Youngjae is staring at me with zero clue as to what I'm talking about.

It's really fucking cute, though, so I don't mind.

"I have a few friends there, too. It's a studio." He seems to be a bit tensed up from the mention of a studio and is clearly contemplating it.

"...I'll try. But what do you want me to do?"

I stand up and throw on a coat, grabbing my keys.

"You'll know when we get there. Come on, I'll drive you there."

Youngjae doesn't say a thing during the whole ride.

...

When we reach the promised studio, he climbs out the car and stares at the building for a while before I pat his back.

"Youngjae? You alright?" I ask, just to make sure. He seems really distracted and not in a good mood, but he nods his head anyway. I walk into the building like usual, this time with a certain boy following me quietly. I open the door to a specific room, which has mirrors surrounding the wooden floor and lights.

At the small table, I sit down while looking through my phone and text messages. Youngjae follows and sits next to me, probably trying his best to not stare at my messages. Someone else walks into the room after only a few minutes, wearing an all black outfit with dyed blonde hair.

"Jaebum-hyung," he goes and I wave my hand at him. He sits across from I am and is intensely staring at Youngjae, since he's a new face and all.

"Is this the guy you claimed was your boyfri-" I shoot him a glance that makes him shut himself up. Youngjae also looks at me with this expression that questions me and my existence.

"Meet Jackson Wang," I tell Youngjae with an exaggeratedly annoyed tone. "He's only one of the other guys that are supposed to be here."

"What's up?" He greets the one sitting besides me. I sigh and shake my head. He makes a 'what?' gesture at me and tries to flip his water bottle. Every time, I can hear it thud against the table.

Another person walks into the room. It's Park Jinyoung with his big glasses and hat. He sits next to Jackson and raises an eyebrow at Youngjae but doesn't question it at all. During this time, Youngjae isn't doing anything but watching the others come in and bow his head at them.

Kim Yugyeom is the last one to arrive. He still has his mushroom hair going on. I thought I told him that he should try changing it for once. Everyone's sitting at the table, but it feels like something's missing.