twenty - ,,,

am i still afraid?

For the following weeks, Youngjae would meet up with the others and train together for the promised debut day.

It didn't take long for their company to accept having a contract with him after listening to his singing and seeing his 'boy next door' looks.

He was now an official trainee, waiting to become an idol.

Was he prepared for that?

Being on the stage again, with lights flickering on him?

He, of course, remembered how it felt when he was younger and on that set.

He was by himself; no other actor would possibly be his friend, especially since it was his first shot at acting. He wasn't a well known figure and he never was. The other actors only cared for a friendship of fame.

And Youngjae felt glad that his new group of friends didn't.

They would treat him like any other friend, going out for meals and sometimes just to have fun.

Just by looking at the other egoistic actors that he had to work with, he knew their hands would feel filthy on him.

Yet those other idol trainees would pat his back and link arms together with him affectionately as if they cared about him.

Maybe it was because there weren't in the big frame yet,

and once they were, all of that friendship would crumble.

...

two unread messages from jb💚

youngjae

are you busy today?

no, why?

good

i have something for you

meet me in front of my house

and i'll take you somewhere

:o

what is it?

can't say

it's a surprise

meet me there at four? five?

four thirty? :)

alright

i'll be there

...

Youngjae dressed himself in a black hoodie and ripped jeans, not sure what to expect. He knew Jaebum wasn't the sort of person to suddenly have a gift for him or anything—because his existence itself is the greatest gift ever—so he did feel sort of skeptical.

But he knew better than to doubt him.

Because if he did, there'd be no one else he trusts.