nineteen - call 119 for more chapter titles

my one and only protector

"Get out of here, pervert."

The man glares at Jaebum but nonetheless scurries out of the building.

Jaebum rushes up to the cowering Youngjae and holds onto his arms comfortingly, although his panic shows he feels anything but comfortable. He brings the younger closer and into his arm, hugging him tightly while cooing in a loud whisper. Youngjae stays unresponsive, his body trembling lightly.

"Youngjae-ah, can you hear me? It's Jaebum, I'm right here. He's gone now, that man won't touch you anymore," he repeats in an attempt to let the one in his arms calm down. Still, Youngjae doesn't say anything and instead is whimpering quietly. Jaebum hisses in the frustration that he isn't able to reassure Youngjae as he wishes he can.

"Baby, I'm right here."

Youngjae stops trembling for a second and looks up with a soft gasp. "Hyung...?" His face is utterly dazed and is spacing off in confusion. Jaebum immediately takes action and, with the other securely in his arms, he heads for the men's bathroom. Youngjae continues to mumble incoherent things as he is almost literally dragged into a bathroom stall.

Jaebum carefully closes the door after checking no one else was in the room and dives in for another long, tight hug around Youngjae. Seeming to return to his senses, Youngjae places his hands onto the taller's back and hugs him back gently.

"I won't let that happen to you ever again. I swear on my fucking life."

...

For the next minute, both of them are silent.

"Jaebum-hyung," Youngjae mutters, muffled because his face is stuffed into the crook of other's neck.

"Yes?" Jaebum pulls away slightly so the younger can space to talk.

"When I was scared, I... Every sound around me was muffled and I couldn't hear it," he admits while sniffing his nose, though not crying or having an allergic reaction. "But I could hear your voice clearly. Like you were talking into a microphone.

And I have no idea why. It's really strange, honestly, but I think I know the reason why it's like that."

Jaebum breathes in shakily, for the words he's being told puts a huge toll on his emotional stability. Youngjae reaches out his arm and takes a hold of the elder's hand, entwining their fingers together lovingly. He glances up with his usual plain face, but it suddenly grows into a shy smile.

"I'm in love with you, Jaebum-hyung."

Those words directly aim at Jaebum's heart and it strikes him with a perfect shot. He almost, just almost starts crying but he keeps himself strong. That smile he's looking at is literally the reason he's still alive and it's extremely infectious, making him laugh as well.

"I was waiting for you to say that," Jaebum remarks with a grin and clings hugs the other again. He couldn't get enough of holding onto that smaller, delicate body.

The door of the bathroom clicks open and shoes clack against the floor. Jaebum whispers 'oh shit' under his breath and turns Youngjae around, pushing him against the bathroom door. He grabs his legs and wraps them around his own body, carrying him like a koala does for her cub. The younger holds onto his torso tightly and shuts his mouth silent. In that position, it'd look like only Jaebum was in the stall facing forward from the outside.

"Jaebum-hyung, is that you?" the person who just walked in asks, knocking on the stall that the two are stuffed in. It's Jackson's voice.

Jaebum hollers back, "Yeah. My stomach kind of hurts."

"Do you know where Youngjae is?" he asks. Youngjae, who is actually present at the moment, has to cover his mouth from snickering out loud.

"I think he's still looking for snacks to get. I told him to meet me at the cashier once he's done."

"Alright," Jackson replies before washing his hands. "I thought you two were making out in here or something, haha."

The two look at each other awkwardly as he leaves the bathroom.

For some reason, Youngjae's expression grows shy as he peers down. Jaebum thinks it was because of the pose they're in and slowly shifts his hand, but Youngjae stops him.

"I kinda like that idea..." he whispers and blinks up at Jaebum with a sparkle in his eyes.

"Fuck," Jaebum murmurs back as he leans closer and places his lips on the other's, closing his eyes when experiencing the taste of him. Although the last time they had a make out session only measures a few hours back, Jaebum realizes he already has symptoms of missing his love's sweet taste. He pushes his tongue against Youngjae's soft lips, asking for permission to enter. The two lips open up ever so slightly, but enough for Jaebum to slip in. As their kiss grows deeper, Youngjae's hands grip on the shirt he holds onto and whines softly.

When the two are completely out of breath, they slowly part away from each other and leave a string of saliva connecting their mouths.

"You're beautiful," Jaebum sighs under his breath as he leans closer again, this time aiming for the other's neck and collarbones. He traces gentle kisses all over the pale skin, causing Youngjae to hesitantly moan quietly. The feeling his lips would get when touching that skin sends a shock down his spine each time, his arms growing goosebumps.

He really does love this kid.

"God," he whispers again, obviously defeated by the charm of Youngjae. "Let's go back to the others." Jaebum then puts him down and opens the stall door, heading out the bathroom. Youngjae first buys some snacks as promised, Jaebum literally having to fight him in order to pay for it. They get on the elevator stuck right next to each other and burst into the still lively karaoke room.

"Have you finished making out?" Jackson says as a tease.

"Shut up," Jaebum scoffs with a smile, pulling Youngjae further into the room by his hand.

Everyone else secretly thinks they look like the perfect couple.

(((thank you so much for 1k reads and 100 votes im extremely shook

btw this story is ending soon ';,)