chapter // four

Winter 2014

Autumn

"There you are," Autumn picked up her laptop as if it was her baby and turned it on. "I missed you."

Nick walked in with two sandwiches and his own laptop and plopped across from her on the large couch. Autumn reached for a sandwich but her hand got slapped away. "What?" Autumn asked, typing her password in. "They are mine." Nick grunted and Autumn nearly fell out of her mother's chair. "You made two sandwiches yourself and didn't bother to make me one?"

"No." Why did Nick do that to her? He never did something for Autumn, his girlfriend for god sake. Unlike Harry who-... Autumn compared Harry to Nick too much lately. She tried not to, because she hated Harry now, but sometimes she remembered that kind-hearted, cheeky lad, and sometimes she wished he was still here to tell her everything is going to be alright. Nick never did that, he just made everything worse.

Autumn also wondered if Harry ever thought of her, but she quickly shook that thought away; of course he didn't. Otherwise he wouldn't have given her the cold shoulder like he did, almost four years ago. Yes, he didn't call her after he disappeared and became a 'pop star', and yes he completely forgot about her, but Autumn couldn't help it. She always had this weird vibe around him, and it disappeared when he stopped calling.

Autumn quickly logged in to Wattpad and started writing.

It's not like he didn't care about her; of course he did. He just forgot about her, slowly but surely, she disappeared out of his busy life.

Autumn had become a writer, an believe it or not, Harry was a main character in a lot of her stories; he just didn't know it was about him. She would call the main character Wes, Vincent, even Nick, but never Harry.

Part of her wanted to write about Harry's angelic eyes and his breathtaking smile, but she knew Nick would get very angry if she actually named her character Harry.

So she wrote teen fiction instead of fan fiction, and surprisingly she was okay with that.

After starting with a lot of one shots and short stories she finally decided to write a fanfic about her life, her life with Harry. No one knew the truth, and she was about to reveal her shocking story with her 12,418 followers. Autumn had a popular name on wattpad, but she didn't really care about the fame. The only thing she cared about was writing.

She wondered for days, weeks, months even, waiting impatiently for that one particular phone call. Even after two years she couldn't help herself but check all her voice mail messages, something she never did when he was still around.

Autumn already knew how her story was going to end. Sadly, Harry would never speak to her again, but in the last chapter the main character gets a letter from Harry. Two days after he wrote that letter he dies in a car crash.

Autumn didn't really like happy endings, they were too sloppy and unrealistic. Life hurts, life is unfair, and Autumn wanted everyone to know how much she hated breathing.

***

Harry

Watching the night sky, Harry sat on his roof, a cigarette in one hand and his phone in the other.

His day had been very boring so far, he went to the groceries to get some lettuce, he got mobbed by a bunch of fans and he watched a couple of movies, but other than that he hadn't done a single thing. Harry didn't like lazy evenings, he always wanted to do something spectacularly, something new.

He scrolled down his twitter, retweeting lots of lovely tweets about One Direction's new album Midnight Memories, when he saw a particular name pop up.

@DaisyStyles12: "@Harry_Styles you should read Autumn Bray's story on wattpad!

<www.wattpad.com/story/11645169-missing-haz>

Harry couldn't believe it; this so called 'Daisy Styles' just talked about Autumn,

his Autumn.

There must be some kind of mistake. Maybe it was someone else, maybe they spelled her name wrong.

His finger lingered above the link and he thought about it for a second and then clicked the link, signing loudly.

He stuck the fag-end between his chapped lips and filled his lungs with nicotine.

Slowly exhaling the smoke, Harry peaked underneath his eyelashes and started wondering what he had just opened.

The first chapter of a book opened on his mobile. A simple cover on the side, a picture of Harry himself; he could vaguely remember when it was taken.

He had been at Autum's, fixing up her dad's car, when she had entered the garage with a Polaroid in her hand.

"Let's take a picture." She had said to him, giving away a goofy smile.

"What ever you please." They grinned at each other and Harry put his arm around her petite body.

"You're so gross." She was right, Harry was covered in dirt and lubricating oil, but she didn't really mind.

Harry held the Polaroid camera in his right hand and held it just the way she always did, up in the air, looking down on the two of them grinning.

Once the photo was produced, Harry started fixing up the car again when he heard Autumn's soft voice. "I'm going to keep this forever."

Sitting alone on the roof, Harry wondered why she had said that. Autumn could always predict the future, why didn't she know how their friendship would have ended?

First he clicked on the author, making sure it was his Autumn. Indeed, he saw her profile picture and a link to her twitter. Should he follow her or not?

He decided to wait, he wanted to find out what Autumn had written about him first.

The story was very popular on this unknown site, and Harry already knew why; Autumn writing skills were incredible. She could make a story about an ant interesting.

It's not like he didn't care about her; of course he did. He just forgot about her, slowly but surely, she disappeared out of his busy life.

Harry did not know he had just created a new addiction:

Autumn. 

***

A/N: So so so so sorry for the long wait but I just want this to be perfect and i know it's shitty but please bear with me x