chapter // eight

autumn 2014

Harry

It had been raining when Harry arrived in England.

Harry stepped of the plane, feeling the cold english weather already igniting his bones. He immediately regretted leaving his sunny beach house in LA, but then he remembered Autumn's shiny eyes looking into his, and he self-assuredly stepped into the car, after letting his bodyguards checking him out. Harry never did anything by himself anymore, but he knew he had to find Autumn on his own, that's what she wanted, right? She wanted him to find her, at least, that's what he thought. That's what he told himself, because he couldn't let himself think otherwise. What if she'd just scream at him? He didn't come all this way for nothing, right?

A couple hours later than planned, due to the heavy storm, Harry knocked on the door. It was still raining but the storm had stopped and he could already see the clouds disappearing. He wondered if the leaves would fall out of the trees soon.

"Hi-" His mom opened the door and her eyes widened. "Harry?" He chuckled at her bewilderment. "Surprised to see me, huh?" His mother laughed and immediately composed herself. "You've been gone for a couple of years, of course I'm surprised." Her arms found their way around his body and she smelled her son's scent slightly. "I missed you." "I missed you too, mom." Gemma then came down the stairs and after an hour of their reunification they sat down and Anne, Harry's mother, made a cup of tea (just like the old days, she said), while they had all put on some warm clothes.

"So tell me, Harry, why are you here?"

"To find Autumn." Anne signed and Gemma and Harry both raised an eyebrow. "What, can't I be happy that you've finally come to see her?" "What are you talking about?" Harry put his head in his hands while his voice started trembling. "Did something happen to her?" Anne saw her son's worry in his eyes and immediately shushed him. "No no, I was just talking about how much she actually misses you." Gemma nodded. "That's true, she comes here every Friday to drink some tea."

Harry looked at his phone. It was Wednesday, which means he had two more days to get himself ready for his reunion with Autumn. "Does she still hate me?" "Oh honey," Anne took the hands of her youngest child in hers. "She doesn't hate you, she's just frustrated." "Because I left?" "No, Harry, because you didn't contact her. "Yeah, I know I didn't." "Let's get you to your room, Harry, you look tired."

Autumn

"Here are some pictures of Harry arriving London just a couple hours ago." The reporter spoke too loud, and Autumn felt like ripping the young reporters throat out. She held a bottle of alcohol in her hands, slowly sipping the cold substance away, trying to remember his name.

What was it, the boy who broke her heart? Harry, her head whispered, harry, her heart whispered, but she knew he had a different name. Why could she only remember harry and not her ex boyfriend, even after a bottle of whiskey? Why did Harry never leave her mind?

Why was he in England? That question had been in her mind for the past few minutes, suffocating her thoughts. He's not coming to see Gemma and Anne, that's for sure. They would've told her, wouldn't they? No, he's here for someone else. Maybe he wants to show his new girl around? Autumn gritted her teeth and slowly stood up, maybe Anne and Gemma knew the answer.

Half an hour later Autumn knocked on Gemma's window. Gemma's face appeared and she suddenly looked worried. "Gem, what's wrong? Sorry I didn't use the front door, nobody answered." "No problem, we set the doorbell off."

"Why?"

"Fans stalking us again." Autumn grinned. "A long time ago since they last came, right? Didn't you miss those screaming fans?" She teased, and Gemma instantly knew Autumn hadn't heard from Harry's visit.

"Which reminds me, I wanted to ask you and your mom something." Before Gemma knew it, Autumn had already climbed over the railing and was now walking towards the living room. "Now is maybe not a good time-" "Nonsense Gem, it'll take a minute or two. "B-but-" "Just one question, it's nothing, but we first have to find A-" Gemma could see Autumn body freeze, her eyelids slowly dropped and when they met Harry's green ones, Autumn body gave in and she collapsed.

Harry

"You're finally awake."

Harry had been with Autumn when she suddenly fainted, and he was still trying to understand why she fainted. She had only seen his face, right? He was confused, to say at least, and when she finally woke up he was the one who carried her to bed and stayed with her, Gemma and Anne knew they needed some time alone. Harry put a glass to Autumn's capped lips and looked into her eyes. She had changed since the last time he saw her, she looked more mature. Her body had obviously changed, he hadn't seen her in a long time, but there was sometihng in her eyes that made him flinch. They looked dead, worn out. They had lost that special sparkle they once had, and Harry wondered if he was the one who had caused her sadness.

"Why are you here?"

He didn't know either, he knew he was there for her, but he didn't know how to explain that. "Y-you."

She didn't want to talk about it, hell, she didn't even want to look into his beautiful eyes, but here she was, sitting next to him on Harry's old bed. Autumn noticed Anne hadn't changed Harry's room, and Harry saw her gaze wandering, trying to avoid his look. "It has been so long." His voice sounded so strange to the girl, not like she remembered. Like a stranger. 

"What's been your favourite season over these years?" 

Autumn tried to smile but her eyes were too tired. 

"I've liked the summer since you left."

They were quiet.

"Because it reminds me of you."

***

A/N: Not edited because i'm too tired but i hope you liked it x