chapter // nine

autumn 2014

autumn

It had been strange, those two weeks with Harry. Autumn couldn't really put her finger on it, but something wasn't right. Yes, they had talked, and yes, they were okay again. Something in her bones told her it wasn't okay. She wasn't okay, even though she would never admit that. Her body still shook slightly when somebody mentioned him, even after two weeks of seeing him almost every day. She couldn't help herself, she had to see him.

Those two weeks had been 'absolutely blissful' as harry quoted in an interview. Autumn didn't think of it like that. She was just glad she had her old friend back. But deep down she knew he had changed. She just didn't know if it was a good change. She hoped, though. She wasn't angry at him anymore. Deep down she knew he wasn't the one to leave her like that and never think of her again. He explained to her how he left her after everything she had been through. He admitted that his explanation was weak, but she understood. The fame got to his head, he said. She could hold a grunge against him but it wouldn't solve anything, would it? So that's why she mustered up the courage to talk to her old best friend, after those two 'blissful' weeks.

"Harry? Can I talk to you, like, can we have a serious conversation?" Harry and Autumn were currently alone sitting on a swing set in her backyard. "I guess." He shrugged. 

"Are you going to leave me again when you go on tour?" Autumn's voice trembled slightly, and she could already feel her eyes starting to water. "hey, Autumn, don't cry," his hand touched her cheek. "you know i will never leave you again like that." He smiled, and Autumn couldn't stop herself from grinning back. "Harry?" "Yeah?" "What is your favourite season?"

His laugh was clear and loud, he didn't laugh like that as often as he did when they were kids. "You remembered." They both smiled stupidly at each other. "But I like it now, i like it here, with you."

***

A/N: kind of lost my inspiration, so it's short, but i just wanted to update. i don't know if i want to continue this story. If you want me to continue then please comment!