chapter // eleven

three weeks before

Autumn

"Chris, open the door, it's not even funny." Autumn shouted through the bathroom door, waiting for a reaction from her older brother Chris. it had been a couple of days since the world found out about harry's wattpad addiction and Autumn had been pissed off ever since. "I really don't want to be late for my class." Autumn had a creative writing class in two hours and she knew she was going to be late if Chris didn't hurry up. "Chris?" She heard the water running but no one answered. "Hurry the fuck up Chris!"

Her impatience grew and with a couple of pushes against the door she heard their old door creak open. "Chris?!"

the hospital said he didn't have a high change to survive his severe attack of epilepsy. Autumn sat there, lonely, at the end of the hallway, with tear strained cheeks and bloodshot eyes. Her phone in her hand, considering if she should call her father. She decided against it, he would probably be drunk anyway. Autumn felt utterly lonely, in that moment, alone in a cold hallway.  It had been two hours since she had found her brother, laying beside their bath, with foam dripping out of his half-open mouth. The ambulance came ten minutes later and they found her crying, holding her brother's limp body. "Don't let him die, please, I need him." 

Someone pushed the hallway doors open and Autumn instantly looked up with hope in her eyes. The young doctor in front of her smiled. "He's going to be okay, Autumn, he'll make it."

***

autumn 2014 present time

Harry

Before Autumn could answer Harry's question her phone ringed. "One second Harry, I've got to take this." Harry mumbled something and stood up, ready to leave. He had had enough of the bickering, the lies, the truth. He needed some time to process everything. But after he had turned his back on her he could hear a strange sound coming out of her mouth. He thought he heard her chocking, chocking on air. He spun around and immediately noticed the tears in Autumn's grey eyes. dropping down her delicate cheeks like water coming from the sky. "What?" Autumn dropped her phone and started crying loudly, her body shaking violently. Harry picked up her phone and quickly answered her call. "Hello? Hello?" The person on the other end said. "Hello, this is Harry, Autumn's friend, what's going on?" "Her brother had an epilepsy attack."

***

It felt like a déjà vu for Autumn, pushing open those white doors, rushing into the dark hallway. But this time it was different. this time she felt a presence beside her. He held her hand, he was there for her. Harry had always been there for her. She just never knew, she never knew how much he actually cared. Autumn didn't hear the conversation between Harry and the receptionist, she was still in shock and all she could think about was her big brother laying on the ground. 

"It's going to be okay, Autumn, he will make it." Harry's fingertips gently stroke her cold hands while she put her legs on his and softly cried in his shoulder. "I'm so scared, Harry." She softly murmured, closing her tired eyes. "I know." His arms found their way around her small body as he gently rubbed her tensed back. Harry couldn't take his eyes of her. Even when she was sad, Autumn could still look utterly beautiful. He knew this wasn't the moment to tell her, but Harry could slowly feel himself falling for her. Falling for her deeper and deeper, because he knew his feelings for her never truely went away. "Thank you." Her eyes opened, her plump lips parted slightly after she had confessed her deepest feelings for him and her body slightly relaxed into his. "Thank you for being here, Harry." He stayed quiet. "Thank you for being here all along."