chapter // five

Spring 2014

Harry

It had been a few months since Harry had discovered his old best friends wattpad.

To say he was addicted was an understatement; he was obsessed. Every minute of his spare time Harry would open his Wattpad app and literally 'open his own world' discovering new stories. He had started reading other stories by other people but Autumn's stories were his favourite; he could hear her voice whispering the words in his ear while reading her astonishing works.

He loved reading the simple and elegant stories, short stories about his life with a young girl. The only thing he did not like to read were the 'ship' stories, based on his 'love' with s band mate. Harry didn't play by that rule and he'd like to keep it that way, besides, those stories would contain a lot of sexual scenes which he wasn't comfortable with.

"Why are you always on your phone?" A question Harry had been asked a lot, but he didn't mind. "Nothing, really." Especially Louis was concerned, since he and Harry had been best mates since the beginning. "i don't buy it, Haz." Harry just wanted to be left alone, for God's sake. Why could nobody notice that? "It's nothing." He stood up and walked to his hotel room, leaving Louis wondering what the hell was going on. They were currently in America, touring the world.

Signing, Harry opened his laptop and logged into wattpad. With a shy smile he clicked Autumn's book and he his bad mood was immediately gone; she had updated again.

Harry had to wipe away a few tears when he finished a chapter, she always did that to him. The first time he had felt his eyes water, Harry had embarrassingly blinked his eyes a few times, but now Harry knew he could not stop the tears and he didn't really mind either. He was alone, alone in his room, and Autumn always told him it was okay to cry.

He had made an account a few days after he had discovered Autumn's wattpad, but up until now Harry did not have the guts to comment on her stories.

He hands started shaking slightly and his lip quivered; what if she would know it was him?

Hi Autumn,

Harry immediately deleted it and went to her inbox; he wanted to send her a private message.

hi autumn,

my name is bee and i wanted to thank you for your amazing story, it helped me a lot. i wish i could tell you in person how much your stories mean to me.

before he could change his mind he rapidly pressed send. Then he closed his laptop and lay on his bed for a while, wondering what Autumn looked like.

Soon he fell asleep, and let me tell you, he had the best dream he could ever have.

Autumn

Autumn could still remember their little picnics. She remembered the way she felt while laying on the grass, she remember the thermos bottle were they would always drink apple juice (and when they grew older, martinis) from. They would lay on the grass all afternoon, watching the ants crawl in a glittering black thread on the messy cake plate, until finally the martinis ran out and the sun went down. Then they would straggle home for dinner before it got too dark.

Remembering all these little details made her wonder, did Harry ever think of her?

She remembered their first kiss too.

"I wish to be kissed by someone who truly loves me." The fourteen year old Autumn had said on a lazy afternoon in the month of December. Everyone in their grade had had their first kiss, and Autumn felt left behind. Normally she would not pay attention to girls who follow the crowd, but this time was different. This time someone had told her nobody would ever want to kiss Autumn because Autumn looked like a two year old.

"Let me kiss you then." Harry had answered. He always knew what to say to his inconsolable friend. "You want to?" Harry had his first kiss a couple of months before and he did not think it was such a big deal, after all, he did not feel anything special when he kissed the girl that sat behind him in class. "Just come here already."

Their kiss was sweet, short and beautiful. Even though their lips only touched for a mere second, both felt the little sparks in their bodies. "Thank you." She gave him a kiss on the cheek and he sighed, knowing she did not feel what he had been feeling.

***

A/N: hope it's not too short x <not edited>