Chapter Four

We left soon after that and decided to hang out a bit more. We talked about the band. Dreamed of hitting the top. We talked over last gig. I even managed to focus. However I realised Ringo's got really nice voice. He should sing something next time.

We turned into another street, where we ran into John and Paul. Well, they run into us, Paul didn't stop in time and knocked over Ringo. He rolled off of drummer, laughing and Lennon helped him to get up.

I walked over to Ringo and gave him a hand. "Rings? Are you alright?"

"I guess so," he whined in the answer and catched my hand in a strong grip.

For a second his eyes were on the same level with mine, enough for me to drown in their depth. But then he got to his feet and let go my hand. Shame, I'd like to hold his hand a bit longer. No. George, control yourself. This short moment just ended. Even though it seemed like forever.

Drummer dusted himself off and laughed. "You wanted to kill me or something? What were you doing?"

"My God, I'm sorry Ringo." Paul rubbed down his hair, complaining that he had to brush it again. "Well, you know..." Bassist leaned elbow on John's shoulder. "Hanging around, here and there. And then we realised we lost you and started looking for you two."

"Exactly," Lennon nodded. "What about you?"

"We ate. Not quite interesting," I said and let myself look at my friend. "But it was nice."

"It was," Ringo agreed.

All four of us smiled as we headed our hotel. We even met few fans on the street, which really surprised me but also made me feel very proud.

We were already in the hotel lobby, when Ringo asked, "When' s our next try-out?"

"Tomorrow," replied John. "We're free for today."

The way to my room seemed like infinity. I had no courage to turn around to the others so I just entered the room and closed the door behind me. I tried to play for a while but I was messing notes every now and then. I couldn't concentrate.

Fucking Ringo. Is this a fatum or something? It was all about him, no doubts. I had few girlfriends in my life so far, I knew how it's like. But I've never tasted this kind of feeling. Like thousands of butterflies filled my stomach when I was with him. And there was nothing I could do about it.

Did it... Did it mean that I...

"No! Not at all!" I screamed out loud.

Hotel walls were thin and the guys probably heard me but I didn't care. In fact I couldn't care less in this very moment.

I fell on to bed, wishing I could stop to feel. Brutal reality had other plans for me though. Mind couln't let go those amazing baby blue eyes and it was killing me. I wasn't used to thoughts like these. Not towards another guy. I felt betrayed by my own self. Still, I could not deny... I felt something.

What though?

Finally I fell asleep.