Chapter Seven

I froze, not being able to do anything — I was too shocked. He’s kissing me. Right after he left me and I was sure our friendship is over.

Ringo closed his eyes, blushing deeply, with an inscrutable look on his face. And I was just standing with a heart fluttering inside my chest. I couldn’t even kiss back. Nothing.

Finally, after very long moment — or maybe it just seemed long to me — the drummer pulled away and hunched his shoulder, suddenly embarrassed. He was avoiding my gaze, looking insecure and scared but yet beautiful.

“Does… does it mean…?” I couldn’t finish it.

“I think so…” Richard was nearly as red as me.

With a sigh of relief I fell onto the bed. I put my face in my hands and laughed quietly. It was impossible. It was crazy. I felt like trapped in some strange dream. I couldn’t believe that he really loved me back. This was too beautiful to be possible.

Ringo sat close to me, not saying anything. But he smiled as wide as me, leaving me in the belief it’s all real — his love was real. The time was passing by and we were just enjoying our presence in a comfortable silence. For sure, John or Paul will eventually come here, it was just a matter of time. But I didn’t want to ruin this moment.

Ringo loved me.

We spent in my room most of the day, talking, laughing and hugging. I was so happy that it was Richard who I was holding in my arms. Not anyone else but him. It all seemed to be just a wonderful dream which I didn’t want to wake up from.

At some point the drummer noticed my notebook laying on a bedside table and took it curiously.

“What’s this?”

“Huh? Oh… nothing special,” I looked away.

“Can I have a look?”

“If you want to.”

“Something in the…” He started to read. He glanced at me ater a while with his intense blue eyes.

“It’s not finished yet…” I explained awkwardly.

“Can you play it?”

“Oh… sure.” Ringo’s request surprised me a little, but I couldn’t say no to him. I reached for my guitar, took a deep breath and started to sing.

Something in the way he moves
Attracts me like no other lover
Something in the way he woos me

I don't want to leave him now
You know I believe and how

Somewhere in his smile he knows
That I don't need no other lover
Something in his style that shows me

I don't want to leave him now
You know I believe and how

There was a silence after I finished, so I decided to break it: “I need to work on it a bit.”

“Wow… it’s beautiful!” Ringo gasped with an amazement.

“It’s about you…” I looked at the ground and smiled.

He hugged me and kissed on the cheek. “Oh, Geo.”

We were sitting and thinking about the rest of this song, when we heard knocking on the door. Seconds later John stormed in the room. “What are you two doing?”

I surely looked like a child caught on eating sweets right before a dinner, at least I felt like that. Fortunately Ringo was thinking faster than me.

“Just talking. Wondering where to go to eat something.”

“Great, that was what I and Macca were planning. But he’s still combing.” Lennon rolled his eyes.

“Wait, let me get changed.” I’ve just realized all this time I was sitting in my pajamas.

“Okay. Come on, Rings. We’re waiting downstairs!”

Leaving, the drummer turned around and looked at me one last time.  And I found myself falling in love again, admiring everything about this beautiful man. Everything inside of me melted when it hit me — that this look, full of love, is destined for me and only me. Just like him.

***
Let's just pretend it wasn't a month...