Chapter Six

"I'm... I'm not sure... Ringo, I love you."

Oh God... I did it.

I looked into his eyes. Street lights reflected in them making them sparkle more than ever. There were surprise and fear in them, but no contempt which someone like me should expect.

We were standing in silence that seemed like ages to me. I broke it finally, speaking quietly. Unsurely. "Ringo?"

"You're not..."

"Ringo please, I couldn't stand it any longer. Since we've arrived here I can't focus on anything. I don't know what I'm told about, can't sleep, mistake the bars during try outs and even gigs! And it's all because I think about you."

"George are you sure, that..."

"Yes," I interrupted him.

"But it's not..."

"I know. I just wanna know if you... If you have feelings for me as well."

"I... I don't know, George. I've never even... Never thought about you, about any guy, in this way." He dropped his head, not knowing what to answer. I could tell he didn't want to hurt me.

"I see..." I stared at my shoes awkwardly. I regretted I ever even opened my mouth. I could stay silent. Not to tell anyone. Just wait until it wear off.

"I'm sorry." I heard and when I looked up he was already heading to the hotel. I left alone.

***

The following day we had a day off. Perfect. I didn't want to leave my room, and for sure the idea of talking with guys wasn't very pleasing either. Not after what happened last night. Ringo probably has told them already. Great...

I was sitting on the bed, playing guitar quietly. Then I heard knocking on the door.

"Geo?"

"No one's home" 

"George, it's me..." Ringo. Was it possible? I asked myself. He still wanted to talk to me after all of this. I hoped he didn't come to laugh at me. I definitely wasn't in the right mood.

Anyway, I got up and headed to open the door. Whatever he'd say it couldn't get any worse.

There he was. Short, a bit older than me man stood in the doorway, staring at the floor. I wasn't sure if it's Ringo though. With this messy hair and bags under his eyes. He looked like he didn't sleep at all. There was no shadow of a smile on his face. That's not something I was used to see.

"Richard...?" He jerked at the sound of his name.

"Can I come in?"

I took a step back and let him in. I closed the door and turned around to face him. Ringo stood in the middle of my bedroom kicking his heels awkwardly. He looked embarrassed and sad. I felt guilty. It was my fault.

We stood in awkward silence. I didn't know what to say. Lately we could talk on any topic, really. But not today. Not after what I told him. I couldn't think of anything to say.

After much too long pause Ringo finally spoke out. Thank God.

"Yesterday and today... I've been thinking much. About all of this." My heart started to beat faster. I knew exactly what he wanted to say. And I didn't want to hear that. Everything but not that.

What ought I to do? Get out, run away? I didn't feel able to move. The only thing I could do was to wait. And that's what I did. I froze expecting to hear 'No'.

"A-and?" I gulped.

"George, I wanted to tell you that..." Now he focused on the ceiling. Like he was looking for the right words to say. I thought I'd die if he won't speak out fast. Just get on with it.

"Well..." He moved closer slowly.

I wasn't able to stop staring at him. His orbs were expressionless but I swear I've seen a spark inside of them. Now he stood only inches away from me. He looked deep into my eyes and his lips parted . As if he wanted to continue talking, to finish what he started.

But then he stood on his tiptoes. And kissed me. Right on the mouth.