Chapter Twenty Six

Guilty.

All of my thoughts focused on this very word. So did my feelings... Sadness, anger, fear. I felt so devastated. I didn't draw attention to the whispers that filled the courtroom. I didn't realise tears were slowly running down Ringo's cheeks. I couldn't do anything. I was staring blankly into the space, not knowing what's happening around me. Until at some point whispers became louder and louder. Became screams.

"Geo? Geo, are you here?" John stabbed me slightly.

"Yeah, sure." I looked around, as if waking up from trance.

And what have I seen? Fans. Fans sitting all over the audience and screaming. Some of them had signs. But all of them clearly haven't accepted the outcome of the trial.

I looked at Ringo. His eyes were wide open, he was just as surprised as me. I smiled. Maybe it's silly, but I really thought it might work. I couldn't help and laughed when one girl cried:

"He's not gay! He slept with me!"

Ringo was going to disclaim, say he's never seen her before, which by the way was true, but then he figured out what is it all about.

The judge looked rather terrified. It was probably the first and the last situation like that in his career. He had every right to be unprepared.

He started to banging the hammer and shout. Eventually he called security. The crowd calmed down a bit. Everything went quiet for a moment. I wasn't sure what would happen next.

The adjudicator sighed. He was exhausted and one could see everything that he wanted to do at that moment was to go home. He announced another powwow. We went to the waiting room. There were even more bodyguards there. Everyone managed to calm down, before the next, and hopefully last, part started. Coming in I spotted these to girls we were taking with earlier. They smiled at me broadly, I did the same and sat down.

I glanced at Ringo. This guy had no idea what's going on. He didn't know if he should be happy or afraid. He looked at the judge and me with those blue eyes of his. And then...

"...acquitted."

Ringo jumped up from happiness. We all got up and went to hug him. Getting away from him then was the hardest thing I did so far, but i couldn't ruin it.

"Get back on your seats, please." The judge banged the hammer once again, but he was smiling with us.

Ringo hugged his mum tightly. I saw tears in his eyes. Shit... I was crying myself.

We left courthouse fast. Finally, safe. It was unbelievable. Almost like a dream, miracle. They really exculpated Richard. We really had all this madness behind. No more trials. No more stress and sleepless nights. I didn't know how long would it take to get over this, but we had time. We had a lot of time.

***

One chapter left ;-;