Chapter Ten

*George's PoV*

Ringo looked at me terrified. "Will he tell the cops?"

"I-I don't know," I answered truthfully.

Pete was a friend of ours. Could he rat us to the police? Only because we threw him out of the band.

"George?"

"Yes?"

"I'm scared," he whispered, his eyes filled with tears.

I couldn't bear this sight. It was just heartbreaking. And I couldn't do anything about it as well, I was scared and devastated myself. No one could know - everything would be over then. Our band, our friendship with the guys, everything.

"Shh..." I hugged Ringo tightly. "Everything will be alright."

Then we came back to the hotel. Fortunately John and Paul weren't anywhere to be seen. The Sight of Richard nestling me and barely crying could be at least disturbing. I guided him to my room and laid him on the bed. I didn't want to leave him alone.

I changed and crawled into bed, next to him. After a while the sobs stopped and his breath became calmer. He fell asleep. Good... he should rest.

I didn't have so much luck. I spent the following hours looking at the ceiling, thinking. Finally I fell into light, restless sleep.

When I woke up Ringo was already up. He was watching TV, drinking tea. I walked to him and kissed him on the cheek.

"Slept well?" He shook his head. His eyes were red, face swollen from crying.

For a long while we were just sitting quietly. Suddenly Ringo got up and headed to the door. "I should go and get ready. You know before John and Paul come..."

"Yeah, me too."

Shit. I totally forgot today's tryout begins before noon. I got up and went to the small bathroom. I took a shower and changed. At this point i realised how hungry I am. Because of everything that happened I forgot to eat the supper. I decided to wait for the guys in the cafeteria.

I just begun to eat when I saw them coming. I waved in their direction.

"Hi Geo! How did you sleep?" Paul greeted me.

"Not very good..."

"Ringo's sleepy as well..." John added.

"What are you implying, Lennon?" I faked a laugh and looked at Richard.

He didn't even smile, just kept on staring at the menu. He looked so sad, it made me sorry. I wished I could help him somehow. To cheer him up. To tell him that nothing bad will happen, and there's nothing to worry about. That if Peter really wanted to tell someone he'd do it already. But the truth was different. I was scared myself. I just tried to stay optimistic, for him.

After the meal, rushed by Brian and George, we went to the tryout. It wasn't as bad as i expected. Few times Ringo didn't manage to play in tempo, but overall it was good. I was completely focused on my guitar. For the first time I didn't think about Pete. That was my escape.