Chapter 22 ✔✔

"Friend's show their love in times of trouble, not happiness."
-Euripides
______________________________

Time gap: 3 weeks

Elliot's pov

It has been three weeks since i have been released from the hospital. Two weeks since i have been stuck at home doing nothing but resting and showering. A week since i came back to school.

During those three weeks things have changed.

Jackie, Martha and i have gotten closer. We have more movie nights and family dinners.

Seth and August are together now and we all usually go iut to watch movies or kick it at someone's house.

Micah and i fixed things but we settled on just being friends. He actually graduated early and left town last week. I knew he was smart. He called the minute his plane landed in New York. Since then we don't talk that much but i hope he is doing good.

Vanessa has been hanging out with us a lot now. Not that we mind. Everyone you can say has gotten closer and we have been sharing many good memories together now.

Brandon won't leave me alone and Jessica is jealous as hell. I almost punched her in the throat. So far she got the memo that i want nothing to do with Brandon.

Me, well I'm doing fine. I did find out that my dad had paid Brandon to follow me around. Looks like he ain't got enough balls to see me face to face.

The boys from the gang i am in came to visit me twice when i was in the hospital. The forced me to take a break from everything and focus on school right now.

I have some cash saved from the profits i get when i sell drugs. I have enough to pay for a new house for Jackie and i and get new cars. Seth always wanted my Ferrari so I'll give it to him. I got it fixed so it's like brand new.

I also have been teaching Jackie how to fight. She's getting good at it to be honest.

Jackie and Miguel have been hanging out more too. I ship them. Although i may have threatened Miguel to chop off his jewels and feed them to pigs if he hurts her.

On too more good things. Graduation is in three months. While prom is in two. I'm helping August and Miguel ask Seth and Jackie to prom this week that is coming up. As for me I'm going alone. Jackie's birthday is in two weeks so she'll be 18 and all of us are planning a black light paty. I got the warehouse down and the dj. We still have to get those artist who can paint your body and shit.

College is out of the question. I have already applied to some I'm just waiting to get accepted to one.

I still have a temper and I'm going soft again.

There is also a ball this Saturday. Jackie and i are going shopping for a dress. Which reminds me, Seth and Jackie have been playing cupid. Even when i tell them i want nothing to do with anyone now they still try to set me on blind date. I just don't show up.

I totally forgot Jackie was sitting next to me until she called me

"Elliot! Let's go!" she screamed

I mock her then say "alright let's go"

I get my car keys and head out with Jackie hot on my heels. She's way too excited for this damn ball. She thinks I'll find my prince charming and shit. This ain't no damn fairytale.

-20 minutes later-

We get to the mall and Jackie all but runs out the car and to the stores. I just roll my eyes and follow her. I know this shopping trip will take an hour she's already getting dresses.

-1 hour later-

We had our dresses and stopped by to get Chinese food before heading back home.

"I'm so excited" Jackie says happily

"I can tell" i laugh at her behavior

Jackie just rolls her eyes and goes inside the house after closing the door making me shake my head and laugh.

This girl will be the death of me.

I get out of the car and head inside. To say today was uneventful would be wrong. Let's see what saturday has in store for me.

_____________________

Edited: March 5, 2017
Word count:737