Chapter 2 ✔✔

"Sometimes, the only way to stay sane is to go a little crazy."
-Matt Nguyen
_________________________________

This was the only way i could relax now. Smoking a cigarette.

I couldn't help but think about all the shit i have been through.

I mean my mom has cancer and i don't know if she will make it. She's fighting way too hard. I know I'll miss her if she does i just hate the fact that she's in pain.

My father called last week telling me that he wants to see me now that he has a family and after 17 years. Bullsh*t. He can go f**k himself.

As of now Jackie's mom, Martha is now in charge of me until I'm 18 and can get my own place and job.

This is the shit that sucks man. It's always the nice people that always get hurt. That always give people their all just so they can get fucked over. Making them turn into someone they never thought they would become. It just sucks that nice people give everyone the benifit of the doubt.

"You should stop smoking" a voice said making me turn my head to see Seth standing there.

I smile at him "i should, It's just that right now it's the only thing that helps me calm down"

I finish off the cigarette and step on it ones it hits the ground.

"How many times a day do you smoke?" Seth asked

"Once a day probably. What's it to you?" i asked with narrowed eyes

"I want you to stop smoking. Please. And everytime you feel sad, mad or any emotion just call me. I just don't want you too keep smoking" he replied

I chuckle and say "why the hell do you care so much?"

I know it made me sound like a bitch, but i hate it when people tell me what to do. I also have trust issues. The only people i trust right now are Jackie and her mom.

I learned the lesson the hard way.

People tend to act like they care. They just want to hurt you so they stay by your side and then bam just like that they hurt you and leave.

"I don't know why i care okay. Since the morning i met you i thought. Hell man i thought we could be friends. I knew i could trust you, that i could help you and i know i can." he said

"I can't trust people Seth." i tell him

"If i tell you something will you please keep it to yourself until I'm ready to tell someone else?" he asks me to which i nod

"I'm gay. I like boys and all these years in high school, you where the only person who actually talked to me. Who didn't judge me. I act like I'm straight because it'll ruin my dads reputation." he replied but you could see the sadness in his eyes

I gave him a small smile to let him know that i don't pity him or anything. I did feel proud of him for telling me.

"Sorry i sounded like a bitch. And thank you for trusting me with this" i say

He nods and we are interupted by my phone ringing so i excuse myself to answer the call.

"Hello"

"Yes may i speak to Elliot?"

"This is she. How may i help you?"

"Miss your mom had a stroke about an hour ago. Seeing as we saw that she has cancer it made her weaker. Ma'am please stop by to say goodbye. She might not make it today."

"What hospital is she being attended in?"

"Fountain Valley Hospital"

"Okay thank you."

I hang up and turn to Seth. I was trying to hold in my tears so i asked him to get Jackie and head out to the hospital.

It didn't take me long to get to the hospital so i parked closest to the entrance and went in to see my mom. The nurse led me to her room and then left.

Seeing my mom so pale and weak made me break down in tears.

"Hey honey" she tells me

"Mommy. Please don't leave me" i cry out

She cries out and holds my face in her hand.

"Ohh honey. Hey don't cry. I have been holding on for too long. Always remember that i love you. Elliot Faith Sanchez, you have been the most wonderful thing that has ever happened to me. I love you mija (daughter).
Te amo con todo mi corazon. (I love you with all my heart)

"I love you too mommy." i tell her.

We didn't need to talk anymore. We just stayed there silently and when she closed her eyes and looked peaceful, i knew she was gone. I cried and watched as the machine flatlined and doctors rushing in. I felt so numb so broken. They had to take me out of the room to cover up my moms body.

Jackie, Martha and Seth all stood up once i got to the waiting room. I just looked up and cried so hard.

They all came to hug me but i shook my head and left telling them i wanted to be alone.

I stayed in my car for an hour before driving down to the beach. Something my mom and i would do. Whenever i felt sad or mad or something she would bring me here and make me listen to the waves. It would help me fall asleep faster and peacefully.

I decided to go back to Jackie's before they started worrying about me being out too long. Before i did i looked up to the sky and said

"My name is Elliot. And I'm happy you found peace mom. I love you"

Edited: March 5, 2017
Word count:978