Chapter 2 | Partner from Hell

AN: Yes, i'm well aware that Astronomy is not a required class for 6th year students.  Yes, I am also aware of the fact it takes place at midnight or evening.  Did I change things?  Yes.  

     "We're going to be late!" Lily exclaimed, watching as you finished brushing your teeth.  Furrowing your eyebrows, you glanced back at the girl, gesturing to the clock in the common room that confirmed the two of you were still early.  "Well things happen!  What if the stairs decide to move while crossing?" You spat out your toothpaste from laughing as you wiped your face off.

     "Remember first year, on our way to Transfiguration?" You giggled as Lily groaned.

     "Don't remind me." She sighed as you both made your way out of the common room.  

     "You were screaming so much." You teased.  "I would've thought you were riding a hippogriff for the first time."

     "We aren't pure bloods!  I didn't know the stairs had a mind of their own!" Lily defended, a smile making its way to her face.  

     "Any who, remind me why we have to be early to breakfast again?"  A sigh came from the girl next to you.

     "Must I remind you every time?  So we can get good seats, and be closest to the waffles."

     "Yeah, they have pretty good waffles..." You trailed off.

     "The syrup and butter...and they're all fluffy inside..." Lily continued gushing about the food item as your mouth began to water.  Entering the main hall, there were barely any people around.  But you both knew that in a few minutes that would all change.  "Last one to sit down has to do the others homework!" Lily exclaimed before running towards the Gryffindor table, an exasperated sigh leaving your lips.  

     "R.I.P sleep." You muttered sadly, dragging your feet while you walked over and sat down next to the girl.  "You know that one show where that one girl is singing behind the curtain and her friend is lip syncing?  And they all think Friend B has an amazing voice when in reality it's Friend A?"

     "Yes!  I remember watching-"

     "I'm Friend A.  You're Friend B." You concluded, sending a fake smile to Lily as she shoved you.

     "Okay, first off, rude.  Second off, rude."  She scolded, the hall beginning to fill up with students.  

     "Whatever." You smiled as Lily rolled her eyes.  "Don't we have that project in Astronomy?" You questioned.  

     "Yup." Lily popped the 'p' as she brushed some hair behind her ear.  "Assigned partners though."  Her hands adjusted her tie. 

     "What are you...?" You turned around and answered your own question, the Marauders storming into the hall.  "Oh.  Of course." You muttered, James making eye contact with Lily who quickly looked away.  "This is just, I don't even have the proper words to describe the awkwardness I feel at this point.  We have crossed a barrier.  I am going to be sixth wheeling.  How is that even possible?" You turned to face Lily who staring intently at her hands in her lap as the food began to appear.  Sighing, you reached over and grabbed some waffles from the large platter, pouring some syrup over them.  "Lily, waffles, hello?"  

     The girl only looked up when the boys took a seat opposite of you all, until they realized they were one seat short.  Skeptically, they all looked at each other.  A wicked grin grew on Sirius' face as he looked at you, his grey eyes taunting you as you bit the inside of your cheek angrily.  'Don't you dare.' You mouthed.  He winked in return before grabbing the boys attention.