Chapter 16 | Jinx

"Y'know Lils, we have a game coming up soon and I'd just love it if you were there to support me in my jersey," James winked, arm around the red head. She rolled her eyes with a scoff despite the obvious smile on her face as you leaned on the table, poking the pancakes in front of you with a wrinkled nose. Sirius held the same expression at the couple across from you both before leaning over you.

     "I might be wrong, but I don't think that's how you eat those," he commented with furrowed brows and a smirk. You raised a brow at him. "Must be a muggle thing then," he laughed.

     "How'd you know?" You feigned bewilderment with a  monotone voice before sitting up. "We have a project in D.A.D.A," you frowned.

     "Woah, woah, woah, don't you literally have perfect grades in that class?" he asked, leaning on his elbow. 

     "It's a partnered project," you said as he grinned and wiggled his eyebrows. "An assigned partner project, and besides I don't think I could handle doing the astronomy homework and this with you."

      "You know how to woe a man, (Y/n)," Sirius said.

     "I mean I would probably associate your face with a constant want to die and exams," you shrugged. "But it kinda already makes me wanna do that with how ugly it is," you added on with a small smile.

     "Haven't we had this argument before?" Sirius asked, leaning in slightly. You followed his actions, raising a brow.

     "I don't know, have we? My memory seems to be a little faded...perhaps we should go over it again," you said, voice coming out surprisingly low. It even shocked you how it came out. 

     "Maybe, you, uh, don't?" Peter spoke up, the two of you staring at him at Remus. Peter looked uncomfortable, which probably didn't help with James and Lily nearly getting ready to snog. Remus just had a 'really?' expression on his face.

     "Didn't you two hate each other?"

      "We do," you both said at the time with shrugs. Remus kept staring at you two before shaking his head and taking a bite of his eggs.

      "Unbelievable," he muttered. "Y'know Professor Lurewood was bitten by an Imp, he's probably in a wonderful mood. I'm sure he'll be grading us so incredibly fair," Remus mused in utter sarcasm. 

     "Lighten up, Moony! Your nerdy charm is enough to woo anyone into giving you an O," Sirius elbowed Remus with a grin which made the other chuckle. 

     "Who's getting an O?" James asked, just now zoning into the conversation.

     "Remus, on the D.A.D.A project next period," Peter said. James' eyes widened.

     "We have an exam next period?" oh dear.

-------------------------------------------

     You and Lily sat next to each other, the Marauders all behind you. The Slytherins sat on the other side of the room, both sides wearily staring at each other. It was wonderful, really. A true bonding experience. 

    "As you all have heard, or I assumed you have heard, we will be having a partnered project today in class. As a matter of fact, it is rather an...exam of sorts," Professor Lurewood spoke, a small grin on their face as you all groaned. He was wearing neck brace and his face was bruised, further adding to his sadistic aura. 

     "I'm dead," James uttered behind you two.

     "Have you not studied or done the reading?" Remus asked. There was a silence, but you guess the answer as Remus suddenly bursted out with an, "are you serious?"