Chapter 21 | Marauder's Code

When you and Sirius had returned to the common room he had practically sprinted up the stairs, tripping and nearly stumbling down the stairs more than once while you all watched on until he was out of sight and a door slammed.

     "Bloody hell, what'd you do (Y/n)?" James asked, fixing his glasses that sat askew on his face before looking at you.

      "Don't look at me! You're the one who convinced him to eat the entire bag of jelly beans at once," you retorted. "He had nearly hurled right then and there on the train."

      "You win this battle, but the war is not yet over."

      "Can you two quit it?" Lily asked, swatting the two of you on the back of the heads. You both lurched over in unison, casting weary glances at Lily.

      "Why do you wound us so, Lily Flower?" James asked. 

     "Because you're both annoying!" Lily made way to the staircase, hand on the bannister and looking back at you.

     "Glad to see we have some shared interests," you said.

      "Sirius being one of them, I assume?" Remus spoke up. You both stared at him in surprise, the boy only giving you a soft smile and huffing a laugh before heading upstairs with Peter in tow. 

     "Nasty bastard, you!" James said, "I'd never share my beloved Sirius with this harlot!"

     "Hey, at least I'm making money, James. When you think about it, they're really just business women. Corporate versions of-,"

     "(Y/n)!" You were cut off by Lily, which was probably for the best. 

     "Just something to think about, Potter," you tabbed your head as if to indicate how unbelievably smart you were, James looking bewildered as if you just broke his brain. Brilliant, really. You followed Lily up the stair case.

      "Oi! Luv!" You turned around, which was a mistake since you were nearly pelted in the face by a flurry of red and gold.

       "Sirius!" You yelled, holding the item away from you to see it. Ah, his jersey. So that was what he was so excited to grab. When you looked back at him he just clicked his tongue and winked, giving you a finger gun. "You really are daft, you know that?"

      "And yet you still adore me!"

     You shook your head. 

      "Yet I do," you agreed. The answer seemed to take Sirius by surprise, him most likely expecting one of your witty retorts and not anything close to sincere.  A stupid, goofy grin spread on Sirius' face, James staring at him.

      "You broke Sirius!" James cried out.

     "Goodnight, Potter. Night, Sirius," you rolled your eyes, dismissing the duo before running upstairs, Lily giving you a stupid grin the whole way up.

      "Look at us, wearing our boyfriends jerseys to the big game! Ah, it's so cliche! Something ripped out of romance films! Dating the two best players on the team-," Lily danced about the room, the other girls staring at her, then you, shaking their heads with laughs. Lily practically hopped onto her bed, collapsing in a flurry of red hair.

      "Woah, Lily!"

     "What?"

     "Reckon you're moving a bit fast?" You asked, the jersey firm in your hands. It was more akin to a robe, really, but light-weight and water resistant. You threw it onto you bed, and with it a whiff of Sirius' cologne hit you.