Chapter 19 | Say "Cheese!"

On the walk out of the joke shop you examined the camera in your hands. You've never had a magical camera before, and the small device didn't fail to catch your interest. However, when Sirius proudly clasped your hand in his in a few steps all of your attention flew from the camera and onto how his gloves felt against your hands. 

     "What if when we get to Puddifoots you end up liking it?" Sirius asked, glancing at you with a fearful look. 

     "Me? I think we both know out of the two of us you're going to be the one critiquing the lace on their curtains because it completely clashes with the carpet! And while you say it you'll be drinking tea. Black tea," you teased. A goofy smile flew onto your face, proud of your absolutely terrible pun. Sirius furrowed his brows at the thought.

     "Black Tea? I much prefer Jasmine, thank you," he scoffed, playfully bumping his shoulder into you. When you stumbled to the side you tugged on his arm, forcing him to go off course with you as he smiled. You'd be embarrassed to admit that you were so caught up at looking at him, the chisel of his jawline and his cheekbones, how happy he looked, that you didn't even notice you had both arrived at Puddifoots. However, Sirius managed to pull his eyes from yours, his soft gaze and smile quickly taking a turn for the mischievous as he grinned and pointed at one of the opened windows. 

     It was James and Lily, snogging like the world was about to end. Your nose crinkled in disgust as Sirius let out a bark of a laugh, hand landing on your shoulder.

     "He looks like he's trying to eat her," you commented, flinching when Lily nearly let out a moan

     "Oh, haven't you heard? That's all the rage these days," Sirius shrugged. You spared him a glance over your shoulder to give him a glare. He grinned, hair falling into his face before the mood once again changed. His grey eyes flickered to your lips, his hot spearmint breath washing over you. He bit his lip. Your stomach dropped. "How 'bout we try it?" he winked. You stared at him. You stared at him for a good long  minute, through your eyelashes, trying to look a coy as possible. And then you flicked his nose as fast as possible, the boy quickly recoiling and covering his nose. "Oi!"

     "You had a booger," you laughed. Sirius looked like a kicked puppy as he rubbed where you flicked him, wearily removing his hand.

     "That? That was betrayal."

     "That? That was you using a line on me and trying to be all smooth."

    "Is? Is that not how flirting works?" Sirius complained.

     "Nope!" You popped the 'p' before looking back at James and Lily. "Also, when you really think about what you said, you said you wanted to eat me. And...well there's two meanings I can think of to that and neither of them are PG, Sirius." Sirius blinked before it hit him, a laugh leaving him.

     "And I'm dirty minded?"

     "Sorry, can't hear you. What did you say we were doing? Pranking Lily and James?" You feigned innocence as Sirius rolled his eyes before stalking up to the window the couple was at. He put his finger over his lips to tell you to be quiet before leaping onto the ledge of the window  and shouting at them.

      "I would mess your hair up, James, but it looks like Lils already took the liberty of doing that for you!" Sirius teased, the two of them nearly jumping out of their skin while glaring at him.

     "Padfoot!" James hissed, pushing Sirius in the face and off the window. He barely missed you in his tumble before falling onto the floor.  You and Lily broke out into laughter at Sirius' flustered face before he leapt back onto his feet, straightening out his jacket.

      "Hey Lils?" You spoke up.

     "Hm?"

      "Your lipgloss is..." you vaguely mentioned from your lips to all over your face, the redhead quickly grabbing a napkin and attempting to fix her makeup. James was still bickering with Sirius, both of their faces red and embarrassed. You took the opportunity to take a photo. Everyone looked at you when the flash went off. You laughed sheepishly before shrugging. "Memento?"

     Sirius pounded his chest before throwing both of arms out as if to say "bam, we win". You looked at the still developing picture to see that Sirius' face wasn't in the photo, just his back. The only people who looked amusing? James and Lily.

     "That's it, we're officially crashing this party," Sirius announced, grabbing your hand and marching into the tea shop. You both joined James and Lilly's table, Sirius putting his chin on his hands as he swung his feet on the stool. He looked like a little girl ready to skip through a field of daisies. 

     "Your date must be going pretty shit if you have to crash ours," James mused, Lily hissing at him to shut up with a punch to the arm.

     "Actually we highjacked a train then snogged," Sirius spoke. "We thought, 'hey! we're so awesome we should give some of our amazing awesomeness to James and Lily, because we're kind like that'."

     "You forgot the part where I befriended a unicorn and saved a tree of Bowtruckles," you added. Sirius pointed to you, nodding along before you both just smiled at the duo in front of you.

     "You're terrible influences on each other," Lily uttered.

     "No, I'm the bad influence, don't give her that much credit," Sirius complained. 

    "Yeah, I'm just the one who brought the skill."

    "Exactly. Wait- what"

     "Say Cheese!" You snapped a photo of Sirius' dumbstruck face, his hand reaching out for the camera. You smiled fondly down at the still white film before setting it on the table. Sirius pretended to be mad at you, pouting and crossing his arms. "Awe, you love it~" You teased, ruffling his hair. He just puffed out his cheeks before blowing air on you.

     "Wow, Sirius is letting you touch his hair? When's the wedding?" James asked. Sirius looked at him, then at you, then back at him. His brows furrowed, nose crinkling before he patted down his pockets. His eyes widened with realization before he quickly scooted out and grabbed both of your hands. 

     "(Y/n) (F/n), even though we have only been friends for a month and a half, and have just gone on our first not date, and haven't even kissed or hugged, you have made me more happy than anything else in this world. Would you marry me?" Sirius asked, procuring a small gummy candy that looked similar to a lifesaver. You gasped, eyes widening before you looked at Lily. She shook her head. Sirius gasped.

     "Well...you heard her, Sirius. My friend says no...so....-"

     "Stop flicking my nose!"