Chapter 5 | Nicknames

You leaned over the trunk at the end of your bed, putting away the rest of the books from your past classes.  It was finally dinner, and you were going to get there as quick as possible.  The door swung open as Lily walked in, dumping her books on the bed.  

     "How was potions?"  She asked. 

     "How was it for you?"  You retorted, Lily sighing as she stared at the wall.

     "I'll have flashbacks for the rest of my life.  It was pointless, really.  The 'Liquid Luck' was already taken.  Do you know who got it?"  Lily asked as you cringed.

     "Snape."  You muttered.

     "Of course."  She said.  "He probably won't even use it."  

     "Eh."  You said, standing up and waiting for Lily to put away her books.  

     "Have you ate today?"  Lily asked.

     "I had a piece of bacon."  You said, walking out the dorm the second she stood up.  Lily ran up behind you staring at you.

     "How are you not dead?"

     "I am.  On the inside."  You said, running down the stairs and out the door only to run face first into a chest.

     "(L/n), if you wanted to be in my arms so badly you could've just asked."  An all to familiar voice said as you backed up, glaring at the boy.

     "Black, I will not hesitate to shove you off the stairs."  You said.  "I am hangry, so if you could please move!"  You growled, attempting to shove him away only for him to not budge an inch.

     "Please, i'm a beater."  Sirius bragged as you rolled your eyes.  

     "Yes, and I will beat you in a second."  

     "She's not joking."  Lily said.  Sirius smirked before looking down at you.

     "You never specified a time for the tower."  Sirius said with a wink as Lily looked at you with wide eyes.

     "Just go after dinner.  It's not like either of us will have to wait too long."  You muttered before ducking under Sirius' arm and running to the Great Hall, Lily behind you.

     "Soooo, what are you and Sirius gonna do in the astrology tower tonight?"  Lily said with a wink as you stared at her with a blank expression.

     "Look at stars.  With the telescope.  Because it's an astronomy tower."  

     "Asstronomy."  Lily said with a snicker as you face palmed.

      "I hate you on so many different levels it isn't even funny."  You muttered, finally entering the hall.  You quickly found a seat as the food began to appear; you quickly filling your plate.  "Ooooh, Lily look it's James.  Maybe you should go to the astronomy tower."  You teased as she elbowed you, causing you to choke on turkey as James walked over and leaned on the table next to Lily.

     "(F/n)."  He greeted.  You cleared you throat as you raised an eyebrow.  

     "You don't need to pretend to be nice to me when Lily is around.  She's too utterly head over heels in love with you to CARE ABOUT HER BEST FRIEND SINCE WE WERE ACTUAL INFANTS."  You yelled, Lily covering your mouth with her hand.

     "You guys knew each other since you were babies?  Or is that just a horrible over exaggeration?"  James questioned as Lily sighed.

     "Nope.  We live across each other."  Lily said.

     "So you're telling me you've been friends for sixteen years and both happened to be wizards? So you're both muggle borns?"  James asked.

     "Yup, fate wanted us to stay together but apparently Lily doesn't like me or fate."  You sighed.  

     "Hey, uh...Sirius told me you're both going to the astrology tower tonight..."  James whispered with a smirk.

      "Did you guys actually...?"  Lily asked with a red face.   'This went downhill fast.'  Luckily you were saved by Sirius slinging his arm around James.

     "No, we are not going to bang in the astrology tower."  Sirius said.  "Just to look at stars.  Gotta court the lady first."  Sirius wiggled his eyebrows as you sighed.

      "Wow, thanks Sirius.  And people say romance is dead."  You muttered.  Sirius climbed over the table and sat across from you, James followed soon after.  "I love how sanitary you guys are.  And how considerate you must me to just climb on a table."

     "If I didn't know better, I would think you were being sarcastic, love."  Sirius said as you grabbed a biscuit and smiled at him before roughly taking a bite out of it.  

     "Don't call me love."  You said.  

     "Alright, darling."  He teased.  

     "Why are you doing this?  Aren't you supposed to be mean to me and call me (L/n)?"

     "Nah, watching you stab your mashed potatoes harder every time I call you something, babe, is way more entertaining."  He said.

     "Alright, infant."  You said, smirking.

     "What?"  He questioned.

     "You called me babe.  I called you infant."

     "Okay, angel."  He said slowly.

     "Will do, flying baby."  Sirius chuckled a little.

     "So, tell me about yourself, cupid."

     "No, 'imma shoot ya in the butt' baby."  Sirius grinned and leaned back.

     "There's not a back on the bench-"  You were cut off by Sirius grabbing on the table from nearly falling over, his hair in his face you stifled a laugh.  "You're not allowed to touch the project or we'll actually fail."

     "Yeah, that's probably true."