Chapter 4 | Love Potions

AN: Okay, now take a shot every time they say potions.

     "Now, love potions are easily considered the strongest potion in the world.  They cannot cause true love, that would be impossible.  But, they can create a strong sense of infatuation."  Slughorn said.  "Come, come, everyone up to the front."  You looked skeptically at Molly who shrugged before walking up to the potions, Molly besides you.  "Does anyone know what's unique about these potions?  A special trait they have?"  He asked.

     "It's pink."  Potter said as everyone looked at him.

      "Well...yes."  Slughorn said.  "But there are many pink potions."  He said as Potter shrugged, Remus hitting him with a textbook as a few kids snickered.  Sighing, you raised your hand, Slughorn smiling.  "Yes, Ms. (L/n)?"  He asked.

     "It smells different to everyone.  It's said to smell like what attracts that person."  You said.

     "Very good!"  He said.  "What do you smell Ms. (L/n)?"  He asked as you slowly walked up.  'This isn't embarrassing at all, just going to accidentally rat out a crush that I don't even know I have.'   Staring at the bubbling potion, you took in a deep breath.

     "I smell...leather...gasoline...and..."  You took another smell, unable to figure it out exactly.  "Cologne?"  You more asked than answered before going back to your spot next to Molly.  

     "Good!  Any more volunteers?"  Slughorn asked as Potter and Black raised their hands.  

     "Why are you raising you hand, James?!"  Sirius yelled, elbowing him.  "We all know it smells like Evans!"  

     "Shut it, will ya?"  Potter growled as Slughorn sighed. 

     "Anyone else?  No one?  I will take anyone else."  When no raised their hands, Slughorn sighed.

     "Potter, Black, come."  He gestured for them to walk up as they both smiled before walking up.  Potter walked up to the potion, sniffing before a stupid grin spread on his face.  

     "You were right, smells like Lily."  He said as Sirius rolled his eyes before shoving him out of the way, taking in a deep breath.

      "Uh...bacon."  He said as Potter snorted.  "AND-"  Sirius exclaimed, glaring at his friend.  "Honey and parchment."  He said before proudly walking back.

     "As you can all see, the potion can smell different to everyone."  Slughorn said.  "Now the potion does eventually wear off.  Some last for only minutes while others can last for years.  But, as your Professor, I am obligated to tell you that this potion is extremely dangerous and should never be used."  Some girls rolled their eyes at that.  "Now, everyone get back to their seats.  Today we will be looking at a potion known as Felix Felicis, also known as Liquid Luck.  If one was to drink this, they would find all of their endeavors coming true."  More than a few kids perked up at this.  Slughorn walked over to a small vile that contained a yellow liquid. 

     "If one of you brew and acceptable potion of Living Death, you will get this small vile."  Slughorn said.  "You will find the potion on page 10.  "I will inform you, no student has yet accomplished this."  Slughorn warned before everyone ran to their desks.

     "Sopophorus Beans?"  You nearly yelled.  "We'll never be able to cut those!"  You whined.

     "What's that?"  Molly asked, looking at the ingredients around her.  You were about to open your mouth to answer when one came flying at your head, you quickly ducking before turning around and glaring at Potter.

      "I missed."  He sighed, Sirius chuckling before you grabbed a bean from your own stash and chucked it at Potter's face, the boy not dodging in time as it nailed him in the noise, Molly giggling from besides you.

     "Watch it, Potter."  You threatened before turning back to the beans.  You grabbed the knife and took in a deep breath.  "Please don't kill me."  You muttered, going to slice the bean, only for  it to dodge entirely.  You followed the bean around on the board until you let out a frustrated groan.  

     "Remus, what on earth did you do?"  Molly exclaimed as you looked at the boy, only to see green sludge on his desk.  He was laying down with his head in his arms before he looked up at the two of you, his hair frizzled.

     "I don't know, but his name is Henry."  He mumbled, falling back onto his desk as the sludge bubbled and moved around.

     "Nope, not doing this, I give up!"  You yelled, slicing your finger.  Good news was that you cut the bean too.  "You don't think a little bit of blood would ruin this potion...right?"  You asked Molly who gave you a 'really?' look.  "Well, i'm going to fail anyways so I might as well see what happens."  You said when suddenly Slughorn yelled.

     "It's perfect!"  Everyone looked over at the Slytherin table to see Slughorn looking over Snape's potion.

     "Seriously?"  James whispered.  

     "Come, come!"  Slughorn said, pulling the boy to the front before giving him the small potion.  "As promised, one potion of Liquid Luck!  Use it wisely!"  He said before clapping, everyone hesitantly joining in.

     "That disgusting creep gets it?"  Sirius asked.  

     "Jokes on him, cause I have created a new species entirely."  Remus said, the sludge now in his hands and taking random forms.  You slowly looked at Molly, both of you sharing horrified looks before cleaning up.  Nothing like Potions class.