Chapter 17 | It's Not a Date.

(AN: Low key need to go back and fix Sirius' character in one of the chapters so it matches up with this so yikes.)

    "I can't believe you two got away with what you did to that poor boy," Lily seethed the second class got out, Sirius and you sharing a look before you spoke.

    "Lily, he called me a mud blood and Remus a half breed," you objected.

    "Don't forget blood traitor," Sirius added as Lily frowned. You could tell she didn't want to condone what you did. She was too kind and too big of a pacifist to do that. 

    "Fine. Just this once," she warned as James grabbed her hand.

    "Come on, Lily Flower, no harm was done. Just a lil' crack in the ego is all. Besides, it will do us well with the game in a day," James said, grinning at Sirius as the duo shared a fist bump. "Best come to see us win."

    "Last game to get us to the play-offs, which we'll obviously win," Sirius grinned, carelessly slinging an arm over your shoulder. Lily gave you a grin at the action.

    "Hate to admit it but they're the kings of Quidditch when they're on the field," Remus agreed. 

     "I'll go, but I'm forcing (Y/n) to come with me," Lily said, looking at you go.

     "Who says I didn't already have plans to go?" You argued, everyone raising a brow at you. "Okay, fine, I didn't necessarily have plans to go but-"

     "Well it's settled then!" James grinned. "And I still expect you to wear my spare Jersey," James squeezed Lily as she laughed.

    "Fine, I'll wear your stupid shirt," she grinned. You felt the air grow slightly tense between Sirius and you, neither looking at each other. No, you both decided to distract yourselves with the happy couple in front of you before they walked off to their next class, Remus giving you a parting goodbye before he and Peter left. 

     "To Herbology?" Sirius asked.

     "To Herbology," You confirmed, the two of you heading down the main stairway. Unfortunately you missed one of the steps, both of you having to wait for it to change back as you leaned on the railing. 

     "Lily seems cheeky recently," Sirius commented.

     "Remus seems puzzled," you replied, both of you staring at each other. "I mean you aren't exactly discrete."

     "Is it a secret?"

     "Is what a secret?"

     "I don't know! Us?"

     "What exactly are we?" You asked, Sirius seeming at loss for words.

    "I- we-, I don't know that either!" Sirius threw his hands in the air for emphasis. Some people had casted curious looks at you two, others listening shamelessly. Everyone made it their business to know Sirius Black's love life. He was aloof and never noticed girls affections. Never even gave them attention until recently. Until he began to like you.

    "Well me neither," you said. "If it weren't for Potions maybe all of this would be more easy," you said, the two of you finally being able to fully descend into the main halls before heading outside. 

     "We wouldn't know we liked each other," Sirius countered.

      "Exactly."

     "Is it so bad?"

     "I don't know why the first boy I get to have...whatever this is with, has to be the 'sex god' of Hogwarts," you said. "Everyone drools over you."