Chapter 14 | Nervous?

"Can someone, please, explain to me why it's even harder to climb these stairs now than before?" Sirius shouted, nearly tripping over his feet as you both climbed. "We're not even carrying anything!" he hissed. You stop walking, Sirius continuing upwards before noticing you stopped. He looked down at you. "What?"

     "You're right, Sirius. We're not carrying anything," you stated, crossing your arms. He furrowed his brows, lips slightly parting as he looked at you. The moonlight from the windows poured over him, blue light shining on his outline. 

     "Yeah, I know," Sirius began walking down towards you with a wise-ass smirk on his face as he talked, "that's why I said it- oh my god we forgot all our supplies."

     "We forgot all our supplies," you confirmed. Sirius' shoulders slumped.

    "Now what?"

     "I am not walking all the way down just to come back up again," you stated. He stared at you in disbelief.

     "What, like I am?" You shrugged in response as he ran a hand through his hair, exposing his face clearly. You felt you breath hitch for a second before you regained your composure. 

     "Okay, how about we just keep going up?" You asked hesitantly. He glanced at you.

    "Why?"

     "I mean, it's a nice view and we made it up this far," you trailed off. He stared at you and it felt like you could physically watch the gears in his mind click into place as he grinned.

    "Sounds good," he spoke lowly before continuing up the steps. You watched him for a second. "You coming?" He asked, glancing over his shoulder.

     "Uh, yeah! Yup," you rushed to catch up with him as you both reached the top. It was quiet, save for the sound of the owls flying about and hooting. You went to lean out the window and glance around at what you could see of Hogwarts.

     "It is a nice view," Sirius commented. You turned to look at him, brow raised, only to notice he was staring at you.

     "Sure you don't watch muggle romance movies, Black?" You questioned as he walked towards you.

     "Wow, I think I'll leave that for me and my tender heart to know about, alright?" he replied, leaning next to you.

     "Wonder if they finally got their snacks," you mused, staring up at the moon. 

     "Dunno'," he replied. "If they did we are certainly going to need to Accio some chocolate." You let out a snicker.

    "Why?"

     "Remus has a fondness for the...sweeter side of life," he grinned. 

    "Oh and you don't?"

    "I'll have you know I am saving myself for marriage, missy-" he booped you on the nose for emphasis. "One day my prince charming will swoop me up and take me away with him into the sunset," he stuck his hand out as if painting a picture.

    "Guess he's gonna be blind too, huh?"

    "Oh, I'm attractive and you know it," he smiled.

     "Yeah?"

     "Yeah."

     "Well then prove it," you challenged. The second those words left your lips time seemed to slow down as you stood up and stared at him. He looked at you before rising slowly, looking down at you.

     "That challenge tends to lead to some very...promiscuous situations in my experience (L/n). Sure you even wanna go there?" he stalked closer to you. You swallowed, eyes flickering away from him for just as second as you processed what was happening. You couldn't back down now.

     "Was never one to back down, Black. Or lose," you said, sounding oddly confident. He smirked. 

     "Well, I gotta defend my honor here, (Y/n). 'Else you're gonna break a guy's heart," he placed his hand over his chest for emphasis as he got even closer, arms reaching out to grab you so you had your back against the brick wall of the tower. Your breath hitched before he let go of you and walked to the opposite side of the tower, hands up in the air level to his head. "We're gonna play the nervous game!" Sirius grinned. You muttered a 'shit' under your breath. "I assume you know how this goes? Being muggle and all," he teased.

    "The hell you think happens at muggle parties?" you asked. He looked a little perplexed at your question.

     "You see, I always imagined it opening with an all american barbecue-"

     "Okay, y'know what, I don't want to even know. Continue with the game," you said. He smiled, looking genuinely excited but also in his own thoughts. Like he was planning out his battle plan. 

     "Alright," he said. He shook his shoulders a little bit, fixing his hair before settling and fixing a near animalistic gaze on you. You felt like you were being circled by a feral dog. He walked slowly towards you, the sound of the empty chain key holder in his pocket slightly jangling with each step. "Are you nervous?" he asked. You shook your head with a cocky grin.

     "Nope," you popped the 'p'. He slinked closer towards you until was a foot away from you.

     "Nervous?"

     "Negative," you replied. He leaned forwards, putting both his hands on either side of your head. Wow, is it just you or is it getting hot in here? His breath was on your face, his body getting closer until you were both nearly chest to chest. Heat radiated from his skin.

     "Are you nervous?" He asked. You shook your head. He grinned, a small laugh that was more of a huff of air leaving him. His grey eyes flickered down to your lips for a millisecond, pupils blown. Your hand reached towards him, both of you watching you extend it to rest on his chest. He was even warmer as your hand slid underneath his jacket, the other shakily reaching for his face. 

     "Blimey, you leave us to get provisions all alone while you two reenact a chic-flick?" James roared. You nearly slapped Sirius out of surprise, the two of you turning to look at him. You felt Sirius' warmth leave as he stepped away, shoving his hands in his pockets.

     "I'm a sucker for romance, Prongs, you know this about me," he shrugged.

     "Do I," James grimaced. You couldn't help the small laugh that left you from his expression. "Well I'm pulling my best friend card, and Lily's, may I add," James peered at you before continuing, "that you two are to come back to the Commons so we can party!"

     "No offense, Potter, but if we wanted to party wouldn't we be at the actual party that's happening right now?" you asked. He stared at you, raising an accusing finger and shaking it. He opened his mouth but no words came out, and you could see the actual moment his pride shattered into a hundred pieces when no comeback came to mind. "You, missy, are...grounded. For...forever."

     "Not forever!" Sirius fake cried out. "This, this is animosity, James. Pure and utter torture. How dare you come into my home, and do this to me," Sirius cried. 

     "Me? ME? I loved you Sirius. But I come home to this...harlot in our bed?" James forced out a convincing voice crack. Eventually the scene began to go on to the point you felt like you were invading an actual divorce threatening conversation, slinking past James and running down the stairs to where you could find what snacks Lily brought for you.