Chapter 20 | Good Luck Charm

(This one's short, but I'm just trying to get back into the ~*flow*~, if you know what I mean.)

     You had bothered Lily and James for a good ten minutes when you went to check your photos, shaking them with your hand in the air. Sirius leaned over you, peeking over your shoulder to get a better view. You tried not to shiver as his warm breath washed over your shoulder. 

     "Do I look hot?" he asked, reaching for the photo in your hand. You elbowed him lightly, looking closer at his face. 

     "Eh, I tried my best but there's only so much I can do," you shrugged, tossing the image over to him. He stared at it closely before nodding, seemingly satisfied.

    "I look hot," he confirmed. You laughed, rolling your eyes.

     "If you say so."

    "Get a room!" James shouted. The noise was so abrupt and sudden a few couples in the shop broke their snogging to see if he was talking to them. You nearly fell out of your stool until Sirius managed to grab the back of it and keep all four feet on the ground.

     "Get a room? Mate, I hate to break it to you but Evan's lip gloss is all over your face," Sirius frowned, leaning forwards. He leaned on his arms before speaking again, "wait, you have some there...com'ere," Sirius gestured towards himself as James leaned closer. You watched Sirius gently reach for his face as if to wipe something before flicking James hard on the nose. "You bloody git!" Sirius laughed deeply and you found yourself cackling at James' betrayed expression.

    "This...beast...she has changed you," James sadly said, looking at you.

     "Please, as if Sirius was ever pleasant," you scoff.

    "She wounds me daily," Sirius agreed with James, "alas, her beauty has me enamored and I cannot fall back."

     "Beauty is  only skin deep, Black," Lily chimed. You noticed she cleaned up, looking proper as ever while James still looked like he got hit by a train covered in lipgloss. 

     "Who said I was referring to the lovely (L/n)'s physical beauty alone?" Sirius replied, smooth as ever. He leaned forwards on his arms, a brow quirked. You sighed. That was how you knew he had something to say. 

     "Oh?" Lily asked.

     "Her intelligence renders me speechless time and time again, her laughter is like the sound of sirens singing in the sea, I need not magic, for she is the very magic of my life-," you cut Sirius short with a punch to the shoulder, face red. 

     "Is there a particular reason you're speaking like you're in a Shakespearean play? Should I be concerned we're both going to die at the end of this romance?" You asked.

     "I speak only the truth, my lady," Black took your hand in his at this, pressing a kiss to it. Your arm felt significantly more heavy after the contact, and Sirius didn't let it go, opting instead to rub circles on the back of your hand with his thumb while he continued to speak to the group. "We play Slytherin tomorrow," Sirius spoke.

     "Planning on hitting their seeker with a bludger?" James snickered. Sirius only scoffed and rolled his eyes.

      "He deserves it," Sirius shrugged, "shouldn't be into blood purity and an arse."

     "Who cares about their seeker? Our own seeker is the best!" You chimed in. "Plus James scores like no other, and the replacement Keeper isn't all that bad."

     "Speaking of her, is she gonna stick with us to finals?" Sirius asked. He took a bite out of one of the biscuits on the table. James shrugged in response, and Sirius turned his attention to you. There's crumbs on his lips and you fought the urge to wipe them off. "You've seem to got compliments for everyone on the team except for a certain beater."

     "Oh, you mean Simon? Yeah, he's great!" You grinned mischievously as Sirius playfully swatted the back of your head, fingers running through your hair as he messed it up. Okay, the crumbs were really bothering you now, one of them falling onto his lap. 

     To hell with nerves! You gently pulled him towards you, wiping them off his lip with your thumb before he huffed a laugh, half of the crumbs in his mouth flying onto you as a result.

     "Black!" You leapt back, pouting at him. "Gross," you mumbled. Sirius covered his mouth with his hand, laughing harder now. 

     "Sorry-," he swallowed, "it was just cute," he shrugged. Your cheeks heated up, Sirius' eyes going soft. The expression made your stomach churn, butterflies filling you up and breath leaving your lungs. A smile tugged on his lips.

     Then he glanced over and it was replaced with disgust. James was kissing Lily's neck, arm around her, whispering Merlin knows what. 

     "And I'm the horny one?" Sirius yelped, getting off his stool. You took it as a signal your departure as James just gave him a lopsided smile and the middle finger. Sirius put a hand to his chest in feign offense before grabbing your hand in is. "As much as I love watching Lily and James snog, I don't," he spoke, nose crinkled in disgust. You just laughed. 

      "Are you ready for the game tomorrow?"

     "More than ready," he boasted, "gonna show those snakes how it's done." You looked over at him, a smile on your face. There was a small blush on his face and his grip on your hand got tighter. Was...was he nervous? A low chuckle left him, his free hand pushing his hair from his face before he looked at you. "Would you-, uh," he laughed again, "would you maybe wanna wear my jersey to the game tomorrow?" He grinned at you sheepishly, eyes glinting with hope.

     Your heat skipped a beat before threatening to just burst in it's entirety. A smile formed on your face, big and bright, and Sirius' own grin grew to match your own.

     "Gotta have a good luck charm, y'know?" He asked. 

      "Naturally," you agreed.