Chapter 10 - Candle-light

The night after the mirror-call, also happened to be the night after the boggart incident, was a much needed time. Lots of the teens had been very tired from the events that woke them up very late into the night, and the adults (who didn't care to admit it) were also in need of their missed out sleep.

For Dora, her endeveror was a little different, the excitement of seeing (and hearing) her parents through the mirror had worn off, re-sufficing the trauma from the dramatic experience that was the boggart. Walking up the stairs; as the adults had dubbed them, the "children" (against some of their wishes **Harry**) they all slowly made their way to their rooms, with Teddy acting per his name to the koala-like Dora.

Walking all the way up to the boy's (Harry and Ron's) room, he deposited Dora carefully on the bed that her and Albus were sleeping in. With the help of Albus, they managed to carefully pry the sleeping Dora's arms from Teddy and lay her on the bed and tuck her in securely, before they left to get ready for bed themselves.

With Dora safely tucked in wall side of the plain bed, Albus, Hugo, Ron and Harry all huddled on the floor, away from the bed Dora was sleeping in. They talked (quietly) about differences between their times, and also the similarities.

"Who's the Minister of Magic?" Harry asked "Please tell me it's not crouch, I couldn't stand much longer of his denial" He expanded.

"No. It's not him, It's currently Kingsley Shacklebolt" Albus told them.

"But before that it was Pius Thicknesse and before him it was Rufus Scrim... schgim..." Hugh explained before Albus seeing his trouble, intercepted.

"Scrimgeour"

"well that's good" Ron said struggling to find anything to say "Never liked Crouch"

There was an awkward yet fairly comfortable silence between the them, Dora shifted in bed and the boys froze thinking they may have woken her. It was then they decided to retire to bed for the night.

Later that night, Dora was fidgeting in her sleep. She woke up with a gasp, and sat up abruptly. She calmed her breathing as she looked around the room recognising it to be the room where the younger versions of her uncle and father where staying. Across the room diagonally slept her father. Even though it was a bit awkward for him, he still comforted her as if she were back home, in her own time in her time of need. She decide to help her get back to sleep she would need her father, no matter the age.

She carefully slipped out from the covers, grabbed her blanket and stepped cautiously over Albus, before expertly creeping over to the sleeping Harry. As if almost sensing her nearing presence Harry looked up just as she was about to poke him awake.

"Dora?" he questioned sleepily. She nodded tentatively , "what are you doing?" he looked confused.

She shyly looked down and spoke almost inaudibly "I-I couldn't sleep, could-could I stay with you?" Harry nodded surprised and scooted over leaving enough room for Dora to slip into the bed and under the covers. "Thank you" she whispered quietly.

Almost immediately Dora fell asleep again, curling close to Harry. Harry looked down at Dora, with a face of awe, almost representative to older-future Harry's face. Together they both got a well needed peaceful sleep, that was nightmare free.