Chapter 8

[Feels warning cause we're gonna get really emotional here.]

"Woah, Shads! Calm down!"

"Not until you tell me who you are!"

"I'm Sonic! Y'know your beloved hero and savior?"

"Don't flatter yourself, hedgehog. Who are you really?"

"Come on, Shads! Do you really not believe me!?"

"How should I believe you if you've been telling lies all along!?"

Sonic couldn't find anyway out of this. How could he hide this any longer with the barrel of a gun pointed at his head and the scared, angry eyes of his rival staring at him. He sighed as he looked away.

"Please, Shadow.... Put the gun down...."

"Why should I?"

"Because I wouldn't keep anything from you unless it was really important."

Shadow didn't move an inch. Sonic was silently panicking as he stared deep into the eyes of the other. Shadow was scared, and of course he decided to take that and turn it to anger. It was in Shadow's nature after all. Honestly, the hedgehog was having a hard time not going up and hugging the other, as weird as it sounded. Even though Shadow wasn't of his own creation, he still cared for him. Seeing him in this state of fear and anger....

"Alright.... I'll tell you...."

Shadow didn't lower his gun, but tilted his head curiously. Sonic's emerald eyes burned with apprehension.

"My name is Mahkah."

"What?" Shadow blinked.

"That's who I really am, okay...."

Shadow's gun lowered as he stared at the other with bewilderment. Sonic was that god from his dream.

"Y-You are...."

Sonic looked away nervously. "I'm Mahkah.... I'm sorry that you had to find out like this, Shadow...."

"That's why you've been so excited about this Farah thing...." Things started to click in his mind.

"Yeah...."

"So you must know why Heolstor is going after me!"

"I'm sorry, Shadow, but I have no idea why he's after you...."

Silence filled the forest, not one thing making a noise as the two hedgehog's thought over things. Everything started to make sense to Shadow, and he honestly didn't know what to do. Sonic is Mahkah....

"Shadow...." Sonic's voice alerted him to the approaching hedgehog. He quickly put his gun back up.

"How do I know I can trust you?"

Another silence came over them. Sonic felt his heart pacing, his mind going blank. "I'm still the same person you've known ever since Dr. Eggman woke you up, Shadow. I haven't changed."

Shadow was shaking from frustration and something equivalent to fear. He didn't know what to do, staring at his old rival. Sonic took a small step forward, and Shadow was shaking more. "Stay back!"

"Shadow.... please just put the gun down." Sonic frowned, wanting to help the poor hedgehog. "Shadow, I'm not gonna hurt you."

Shadow was shaking so bad that the gun just fell out of his hands. He then fell to his knees, tears gathering in his eyes for some reason that even Shadow didn't know why. Sonic, acting quickly, ran the few feet between them and wrapped his arms around the shaking hedgehog. "Shadow.... Hey, it's okay. Come on, don't cry. What's wrong?"