Part 10.

Writers note: Again, using the conversation key. Bold is JustinItalic is Selena.

Maybe it took a minute to register what he was saying, or maybe I was too busyfighting back tears. I hated being emotional. Maybe it was hormones playing up on me. 

“You’re joking, right?” 

“No… I mean, I’m happy and everything. But a baby, like it’s not as easy as it seems. It can’t be.”

“Justin, you said you’re going to be there for me the whole way. We’re not even half way and you’re already backing out.”

“No! I’m not backing out. But think about it. Do you honestly think we can?”

I relaxed my shoulders and leaned against the headboard. Financially, we could support it. Physically, we could. Mentally, we could. I didn’t see a reason why we couldn’t do this. “Yes.” I said, standing up now. “You know, I shouldn’t be stressing. It can harm the baby. And I have to be careful, especially after the accident. So cut your shit.” I said, pointing my finger at him. He wrapped an arm around my waist, and pulled me closer to him. “I’m sorry.” He whispered to me, resting his head on my shoulder. I shook my head. “Do you even want me to be here?” I asked, half-wishing he’d say no. He pulled his head away and stared at me as if I was crazy. “Want you here? I need you here.” 

His words sank in. He needed me. I sighed. What I was doing was wrong. I was basically using Justin to have somewhere to stay, and he had no idea. I really had to play up to the fact of me trying to be ‘in love’ with him again, when the only thing I wanted right now was to be as far away from him as I could. Maybe if I just acted like nothing ever happened, I really would fall for him again. I had no other choice, but to say the three words that stung me from head to toe. “I love you.” I said quickly, twining my arms through his. He kissed my cheek again. “I love you, too. So much.” I forced a smile. “Good.” Shame spread through me, and I shook my head. I couldn’t believe I was manipulating him and using our baby as an excuse. 

“Come on, I’ll order pizza.” He said standing up and picking me up with him. I smiled and took his hand. “I’ll cook.” I said as we reached the kitchen. “No. You need to relax. Go sit down, get a movie ready or something.” He said, looking for a pizza menu. I nodded, and did as he said. I set up a movie, and threw a blanket over myself, and left room for Justin. Hours passed, we ate dinner, watched the movie and I was nearly half asleep. 

“Selena.” Justin’s voice startled me a little. “Yeah, yeah. What?” I asked, swallowing the yawn that was about to come. “What are we gonna do. With telling the world. About this.” He said, his eyes were red. I shook my head. I thought of all the millions of little girls, being so disappointed and upset at us, for being careless. We were role models. This wasn’t exactly what we should be modelling to young children. “Shit, I don’t know. Maybe we should just let them figure out for themselves, I guess the time will come when they ask one of us. And just say it there. We can’t hide it.” I sighed. Justin nodded slowly. “You’re right, yeah. So, just take it slowly I guess.” I agreed, and put my head back down on the couch. 

“My dad, my brother and my sister are coming down from Canada next week. Maybe we should tell them, and my mom then. Get it all over in one shot.”