Part 12.

Jeremy came around and basically picked me up out of my chair. His arms tugged tight around me and his lips pressed to my cheek. “You’re not showing.” He frowned. I laughed kinda nervously and pressed a hand to my stomach. “Soon enough.” Justin came up behind me, and wrapped his hands around my waist. “I told you so.” He whispered in my ear. 

— — — — — — — — — — — — — —

We spent the night with Justin’s family, talking, laughing and planning out everything. By the time they’d left, I was exhausted. Justin and I were laying in bed, his hands pressed against my belly. “I’m so happy.” He said, leaning in for a kiss. I turned my head, and he chuckled. I honestly didn’t know what to say. I decided that maybe smiling was the best thing to do. So I turned my face back to his, and forced a smile. He moved his hand up my body to my cheek. “What’s wrong?” He asked, now with his other hand, touching my body to his. I shook my head. “No, nothing.” I lied. He didn’t believe me, I could tell by the way he raised his eyebrow. “It’s your mom, isn’t it?” He said, his tone sort of uncomfortable. This was perfect. I was surprised that he hadn’t noticed how cold I had been acting toward him this past week.

“Yeah. But I’d rather not talk about it. Y’know, she made her choice. She doesn’t wanna be part of my life — or the baby’s life. It’s no big deal.” I told him with all honestly. He smiled, and kissed me before I could reject him. “You just have to focus on us now, and not worry about anything. Cause everything is going to be fine. I promise.” I rested my head on his chest. I had to admit, he was being really good to me, and I did find it hard to resist completely forgiving him. His arm travelled down from my face back to my stomach. He started humming a soft tune while his head rested on top of mine. Then he started singing. I stopped thinking about everything going on, and for that one moment, I felt completely safe and calm with him. I listened to his voice and the words. 

You know that I care for you.. 

I’ll always be there for you..

Promise I will still right here..

“What songs this?” I interrupted. He stopped singing, and lifted my chin up. “I wrote it for you. It’s called Be Alright. You like it?” He grinned. I nodded, my eyes tearing. “Justin, that’s the sweetest thing you’ve ever done.” I felt the tears roll down my cheeks, and Justin’s fingers wipe them away. “I love you, Justin.” I said, without thinking. “I love you too baby.” His fingers ran up my cheeks and and through my hair, his lips crushing to mine. My heart started to thud hard in my chest, and I felt butterflies circulate in my stomach. He pulled me even closer to him, and I wrapped my hands around his neck clasping them at the back of him. It felt wrong, but I didn’t stop. His hands travelled down my back and across thighs, before I let go of him. “I can’t do this. I’m sorry.” I said, slowly parting my lips from his. I felt his cheeks get hotter, but he didn’t let go of me. “It’s okay. Don’t worry about it.” I shook my head.

“No, Justin. It’s not that. It’s knowing that you’ve done this with another girl. I can’t shake this feeling.”