Part 14.

“Fuck you.” The paparazzi said, flipping Justin off. Justin stood in silence, shaking his head. “You better not post any of the shit you captured, you got me?” Justin threatened. The man completely ignored him and walked off down the street and into his car. Justin came rushing in and slammed the door once again. 

“You’re gonna break the wall. We kinda need that.” I joked, standing up and making my way over to him. He wrapped his hands around my waist and chuckled lightly. “Kinda.” I pulled away and faked a laugh. “Yeah.” I said, unclasping his hands from me. He cocked an eyebrow, and ran a hand up my side. “Why are you being so distant?” He sighed. I pushed his hand off me, and I shook my head. “I’m not. I’m right here.” I said, with some hope of dodging the subject. “You know what I’m talking about.” He said, now pulling my hand and sitting me on his lap. “I don’t actually.” I lied smoothly. He shrugged. “Maybe it’s just me. I don’t know.” I nodded and chewed on my upper lip. To keep this going, I was really going to have to step up my game and make him think that everything was going smoothly. 

“I love you.” I said, forcing myself to press my lips against his. He didn’t resist in kissing me back. “I love you more.” He replied after he had pulled away. “I’m kinda hungry.” I sighed, a few nights ago I had read up that this was the time where most of my cravings would kick in, and where I’d start to notice most of the changes. He smiled widely. “Well, we’ll go get something.” He laughed, pushing me off his lap. “Can’t leave my baby hungry.” He pressed his hand against my stomach. “And my other one.” He added, now kissing my cheek. 

— — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — —

While we had gone to get food, people were giving us strange looks. I guess we were used to it, but this time it was different. After we came home, it would have been around eight at night. Justin and I both sat on the couch. We were laughing and joking around, before Justin’s phone rang. “I gotta get this, hold on a sec.” He told me. He walked off into the bedroom and I lounged on the couch. To be honest, I was actually enjoying the time I had with him now, and forgetting more and more about what he had done. Of course, I was still angry, but right now, I was trying to focus on all the positives in our lives. I decided I’d make a cup of tea and start looking at baby names. I was almost four months, so we would be finding out the sex pretty soon. I did as I said, and just as I sat down, Justin came rushing out. His hands trembling as they clung to my wrist. 

“Justin, what’s wrong?” I asked, half-concerned, half-curious. He stared at me. “We kinda have a problem.” He said, coughing at the end of his sentence. I raised my eyebrow. “Like what?” I asked, intrigued now. He shook his head slightly and rubbed the back of his ear nervously with his free hand. “You know how, there was that guy outside today. Taking pictures? And I told him not to put them anywhere?” He questioned me. I put my cup on the coffee table and put my hand to my mouth. “No… Oh my god.” Justin nodded once slowly. “It’s fucking everywhere, Selena.”