Part 17

I pulled away from him and sat up. He did the same. “Marry me.” He repeated. I couldn’t speak. He wrapped my legs around his waist, and pressed his hands against my back. “What?” I managed to splutter. “Selena. Marry me.” He said for the third time. “Justin, are you serious?” I asked. Knowing him, he could just be saying this to get a rise out of me. He chuckled. “No. April fools.” I slapped his hands off my back  and stood up. I sat on the bed and stared out the window. “Justin, that’s not funny!” He came up from behind me and wrapped his arms around my chest. “I’m actually serious, you know.” I shook my head. “How would I know that? What if that’s another joke?” I said, shrugging him off. He let go of me, and I heard his footsteps trail off into our bedroom. “Well, I don’t know how serious you would call this,” He said while he made his way back over to me. “But yeah, this thing, might make you think differently, aye?” I turned around, and he was holding a small blue velvet box. “No, oh my god. What’s that?” I asked him, now kneeling on the bed. He joined me on the bed, with his knees knelt too. “I think you should wear this. For the rest of your life.” He opened the box, and inside was a beautiful diamond ring, shining against the black satin that lined the inside of the box. “It’s beautiful, Justin.” I said, admiring the ring. He took it out of the box, and held it between his index finger and thumb. “Want to wear it?” He asked, twirling it around. 

I stopped and thought for a moment. First, I looked at Justin. His eyes were wide and I could basically see his heart beating through his chest. I could tell he was nervous, and I knew that he wanted this. Then, I thought about myself, and the situation that I had been put in right at this moment. I was so close to completely blocking out everything Justin had done while I was away, and maybe this was the best way to forget everything that had happened. But then I thought about how I had used Justin for almost a month. I guess, it wasn’t really using, because throughout that time, I did love him, but I honestly couldn’t stand him. Flicking back to reality, I breathed in deeply. Justin was still staring at me, a little bead of sweat falling down from his forehead. I pressed my hand to his face. “Are you sure you want this?” I asked him, letting my hand fall down to his knee. He nodded. “I want this.” He told me solemnly. “And me?” I asked him. He nodded vastly, and took my hand. “I want to be with you, forever and always. And only you. I just think that this would be a good way to, you know, promise it. I love you.” I felt his hand shaking slightly, so I pressed my other hand on top of our already intertwined hands. “I love you too, Justin. But we’re so young.” I told him. He tightened his grip on my hand. “Age is nothing but a number.” He chuckled. I nodded. “You’re right.” Once again, he flashed the diamonds, this time running the ring up and down my finger. “So…” He said slowly, slowing down his pace with the ring on my finger.

“Justin.” I said, moving my hand away from the ring. I now pressed it against his cheek. “Do you really think I’m gonna say no to you?” I laughed. His smile spread across his face, and took my left hand. “Once it’s on, there’s no turning back.” He told me, teasing the ring around the top of my finger. “Just do it.” I laughed once again, rolling my eyes. He slowly moved the ring down my finger, until it fit perfectly, right where it belonged. 

Overwhelmed with my emotions, I sat up, still kneeling. Justin did the same. “I love you.” I squealed, wrapping my arms around his neck. “I love you more.” I felt my tears well up. I guess I was actually happy for once, and it seemed like my life was coming together. But everything was just happening so fast, and I felt like I was rushing into things. “You’re crying.” Justin laughed while he kissed my neck. “I’m so happy.” I told him with all honesty. His lips made their way from my neck to my jawline, to my cheek and then finally to my lips. I crushed against him, and he held me by the waist. “Good.” He smiled with his belated reply. So with that, we continued into the night with our almost perfect piece of the start of what could be the best decision of my life.