Part 15.

“Who just called you?” I asked, now sitting up. “Scooter. He’s, well, he’s angry I guess.” He shrugged, leaning back onto the couch. I stood up and paced up and down in front of the coffee table. “What are we going to do? Do we just let everyone figure it out for themselves or what?” He suggested. I nodded. “I guess. And I mean, for all they know, we were just getting touchy-feely, yeah? I mean there’s no proof that it’s like, I’m pregnant. You were only kissing my belly, you know?” I said, with some hope. He walked over to me and pulled up my shirt. “This thing,” He started, pointing to my little bump, “Kinda makes it a little obvious.” I sighed, and then pulled my own shirt down. “I guess.” He sat back down on the couch, and kicked his feet up. “Everyone’s calling me.” He announced while flicking through his missed calls. “From who?” I asked. He patted the space next to him with his foot. I sat down, and rested my head on his knees. He parted them a little, and I crawled up to his chest. “Everyone. My family, the team, friends.” He locked his phone and threw it behind him. “What are you going to tell them?” I asked. I felt his chest tense, and his shoulders become tighter. “The truth.” 

Justin and I ended up falling asleep that way, but we were both awoken by hard pounding on the door the next day. 

“Justin!” I screamed, alarmed by the knocking. He sat up instantly and rubbed his eyes. “Someone’s here.” I said. He shook his head. “No shit.” I rolled my eyes as he walked to the door. “Fuck.” He said. “Who is it? I asked, walking over to him. “Alfredo and Scoot. I guess they want to know what’s going on.” He started to unlock the door, and my head started to spin. This was only the beginning of people finding out. The door flew open and Alfredo and Scooter ran in. First, Alfredo wrapped his big arms around me tightly. “Congratulations, Sel!” He laughed. He kissed both my cheeks and looked down. “You’re already showing, I’m so happy for you.” He let go of me now, and turned around to Justin and hi-fived him. “Well done, aye?” Alfredo laughed. I really did love Alfredo, he never had anything bad to say about anyone. Next though, was Scooter. His eyes were heavy and cold, and his body language wasn’t a good sign. “Congratulations.” He said, not bothering to hug me, but to only shake my hand. “Um, thanks.” I smiled. Scooter punched Alfredo in the shoulder. “We all need to talk.” Scooter said, his eyes blaring at Justin. 

We sat in the dining room. Of course, Justin and I were seated together, and Alfredo and Scooter were right across from us. “What are we going to do about this?” Scooter asked, directing the question at me. “What do you mean?” I replied, a little confused. “Well, you can’t keep it, I mean, you’re only kids. You can’t start having your own now.” He said, his tone frightening. “Well I’m not going to give it up. Just cause Justin and I were careless, it doesn’t mean that the baby has to pay for it, Scooter. I’m going to keep it.” I told him while — without noticing — holding onto my belly. “You’re kidding, right? You’re really going to continue to be a role model for your young children, while being teen parents? Is that the message you want to send across?” Scooter scolded. Before I could speak, Justin pointed his finger directly at Scooter. “This isn’t your decision. It’s ours. We did this, we’re going to deal with the consequences. Do I have any say in your personal life? No, I don’t. Because it’s none of my business. So how about you step out of mine and just let Selena and I enjoy what this is, which should really be the best time of our lives.” Justin searched under the table for my hand. Once he found it, he squeezed it. Scooter must have been taken back by Justin’s words. His lips were parted, and Alfredo looked a little clueless, staring at the curtains on the windows. After a few minutes of silence, Scooter stood up. 

“You’re done. Don’t even bother coming in to finish that album. You’ve made your choice. Deal with it.”