Freedom at last

I opened the door and walked in. I was met by a black void of a room, not a being in sight. Suddenly the door closed behind me and the room filled with blood red fire. It was than that I saw skeletons sitting in the corners of the, in reality, quite small room. I tried to remain calm and shielded my face from the fire with my bare hands.

Suddenly, a humongous  shadow bore down on me from behind the wall of fire. I saw an outline of tall horns and claw like hands, but most frightening was the piercing red eyes. As soon as the being made eye contact with me, the fire ceased. I removed my hands from my face and saw her floating in the air, stretching.

"Aaaah" she sighed. "50,000 years can give you SUCH a crick in the neck!" she sighed, making an abnormally loud cracking sound with her neck and fingers, then slumped into a lazy position, simply hanging there in mid-air, her limbs hung limp. She had large, black, scaly hands with black, sharp finger nails and black legs with red, dragon-like talons for feet. She wore what seemed to be a black leotard that was made of scales on her body, with black wings sticking out of her back.She had bright red hair that was also floating upward.

She had curved, black horns with fire between the two, and the piercing red eyes I had seen in the fire, but with a smug expression on her face. Her grin revealing razor sharp teeth. Finally, she had a red, rhombus shaped gem in her chest. "Heya." She said, and began to float towards me until she was right in front of me. I was frozen with either fear, or awkwardness.

She examined my face until finally saying "You have pretty eyes, they remind me of an old friend's." She noticed my expression of confusion on what to do. "Anyways, what's a human like you doing here"? After getting together my thoughts I spoke out

"Are YOU the demon queen?" I asked, uncertain because of her behavior.

"Yup, demon queen, expert weapon smith, general..." She listed her list of accomplishments, counting with her fingers and doing back flips in the air.

"I came here to speak to you, to ask you a favor." I said in a faltering voice.

"HA! Why would you come here to ask lil' ol' me a favor, don't you have your wonderful queen for that?" she replied, in a sarcastic tone.

"The queen, she's not as wonderful as we thought, she corrupted our civilization, letting only worshippers live, everyone else dead. I came to see if you would help me take back humanity, i'll give you anyth-" I said before she put a claw to my mouth to hush me.

"Wait, your telling me that HUMANS, the race that has despised us for ETERNITY, is searching for MY help." she said with a confused face.

"Well, I guess y'all have finally learned your lesson, your race has always been so judgy, I guess i'll leave, this place has been home for a while, but I haven't tasted food since I came here, so I guess it's time to say this place goodbye." She than proceeded to blast open the iron doors with a blast of fire from her out stretched hand.

"WAIT SO ALL THIS TIME YOU COULD HAVE BROKEN YOURSELF OUT!?" I exclaimed, furious.

"Well, yeah, iron only works on weak demons, I WEAR iron jewelry, that door was nothing. I liked it here, no kingdom to rule, no humans trying to kill me, and no annoying Goddess. And as for Megami, I let her take me in, wanted to see how humanity liked the goddesses THEN. Anyways, after you." She said, gesturing to the door, with a sarcastic bow, already an army of guards waiting to take us down, but the demon queen simply smiled.