Talent Time!

Adrian's P.O.V.

Why do I care so much? I have loved him since the 8th grade. But since high school he changed. His ego is as big as the Empire State building. He has turned in a freakin man whore. But for some reason I still think he will change back to the way he was before. And I will still love him. He's my mate, my equal, my perfect match, my Alpha mate. I heard her thoughts. She still loves me. Ever since 8th grade. She was a 8th grader and I was a freshman. She thinks I'm a man whore. Man, she did love me. I royally screwed up!  But why does she care so much? I asked myself. But I need time to think if I want her as a mate.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Astrid's P.O.V.

Mr. Henderson told everyone to come to the Commons Area for the talent show, and all the contestants go behind the stage. I went behind the stage. There was about 10 people.  This is going to be easy. I got my IPod out of my pocket and turned it on. I went to my play list and selected Really Don't Care  By: Demi Lovato. I started memorizing all of the lyrics. I felt a hand wrap around my arm and  tingles shoot up. I turned around and came face to face with Adrian's beautiful green eyes. They have lost most of their sparkle over the years. I remember a time were he had the most gorgeous green eyes I have ever seen. But they have lost it. 

"What do you want, Adrian?" I asked harshly. He flinched at my tone surprisingly.

"Just to wish you luck. Since you are my mate." he said.  I scoffed when he said mate.

"I wasn't your mate since you rejected me remember. I remember you words perfectly. 'How could I be mates with someone as pathetic as you. Trying to say you’re my mate. Wow that is low for you Astrid. I, Adrian Sterling, reject you as my mate.' You know what Adrian. I have had a bait of you being a jerk to me. You know what?" I asked him

"What?" he asked.

 "I, Astrid Reanna Rose-" I couldn't finish when he kissed me on my lips. It was like fireworks exploded when he kissed me. When I pulled away he growled. I guess he doesn't like it when I pulled away from his kiss.

"Well your still my mate and nobody else's understand?" he said while smirking. 

"No, I'm not yours not since you rejected me. I am not yours not now not ever!" I said. He looked broken, and rejected.

Welcome to the club. I thought harshly.

"Welcome, Astrid Rose everybody." Mr. Henderson said. I looked at Adrian one last time and walked away but I faintly heard him say, ' I will prove to you that I changed Astrid even if it takes me until I'm dead. I will prove myself to you.'  I only said no because I want him to prove himself to me.

Everybody started to clap when I walked on the stage. I plugged my IPod in that only had the background music to Really Don't Care.

The song started,

You wanna play, you wanna stay, you wanna have it all. 

You started messing with my head until I hit a wall.

Maybe I should've known, maybe I should've known.

That you would walk, you would walk out the door, hey!

Said we were done, then met someone and rubbed it in my face.

Cut to the part, she broke your heart, and then she ran away.

I guess you should've known, I guess you should've known.

That I would talk, I would talk.

But even if the stars and moon collide.

I never want you back into my life.

You can take your words and all your lies.

Oh oh oh I really don't care.

Even if the stars and moon collide.

I never want you back into my life.

You can take your words and all your lies.

Oh oh oh I really don't care. Oh oh oh I really don't care.

I can't believe I ever stayed up writing songs about you.

You don't deserve to know the way I used to think about you.

Oh no not anymore, oh no not anymore.

You had your shot, had your shot, but you let go.

Now if we meet out on the street I won't be running scared.

I'll walk right up to you and put one finger in the air. (I actually put my middle up at Adrian.)

And make you understand, and make you understand.

You had your chance, had your chance.

But even if the stars and moon collide.

I never want you back into my life.

You can take your words and all your lies.

Oh oh oh I really don't care.

Even if the stars and moon collide.

I never want you back into my life.

You can take your words and all your lies.

Oh oh oh I really don't care. Oh oh oh I really don't care.

Yeah, listen up. Hey, hey, never look back. Dumb struck boy, ego intact. 

Look boy, why you so mad. Second guessin', but should've hit that.

Hey I picked the wrong lover. Should've picked that one, he's cuter than the other.

I just wanna laugh, cause you're tryna be a hipster. Kick it to the curb, take a Polaroid picture.

But even if the stars and moon collide. I never want you back into my life.

You can take your words and all your lies.

Oh oh oh I really don't care. Even if the stars and moon collide.

I never want you back into my life. You can take your words and all your lies.

Oh oh oh I really don't care. Oh oh oh I really don't care!" Then everybody was stunned for a minute and then they erupted in applause. I smiled widely. I was looking at one person and one person only and that was Adrian. He had tears in his eyes. Actual tears! Mr. Big Bad Alpha was on the verge of crying! I felt guilty but he deserved it. 

But you still love him. A little voice in my head said. Ugh! Fates I curse you. But the voice is right I do still love him.