#12 You Have Your Own Stalker

I was on my morning run with Bonnie and Caroline. The usual route was to go around the center of Mystic Falls and down to the police station to see Sheriff Forbes and Matt; I know that he'll be down there helping out or something.

"Ready to take our ten minute break?" I panted, slightly slowing down. They only nodded their heads before slowing to complete stop. I took my iPhone from the brace around my arm and stopped my music. Caroline took the bag off her shoulders and set it down on the nearest bench. She dug into it and pulled out three bottles of water.

"Bonnie," Caroline said as she gave it to Bonnie. "Y/N, and me" she finished. Caroline opened her bottle and drank from it.

We sat for 15 minutes and when we realized that it was longer than expected, we put everything back and started running again.

We ran to Caroline's house and stopped in front. "Well, this is where I drop the both of you off. See you tomorrow." I say before pulling them into a hug.

"Wait, before you go, Y/N, I think that boy over there is checking you out." Bonnie dragged. I turn around slightly and see a man, maybe in his early 20s, walking ever so slowly while looking at me. He was wearing a black sweatshirt with some grey pants and black shoes; his eyes were a striking blue-grey and his smile was enchanting.

"Don't just stand there, go." Caroline said while shoving me over.

I stumbled over to him and stood up suddenly. He smiles down at me, "Hi, I'm Kai. I couldn't help but notice how beautiful you are." He smiles.

"Um, thank you..." I pause. "Oh, I'm Y/N. Nice to meet you." I say holding my hand out for him to shake. He gladly takes it and gives it a light peck. I blush and pull my hand away before turning around to see Caroline and Bonnie snickering and giggling like kids.

"Well, sorry to say, but I have to get home. My sister has her high school graduation today and I have to get ready." I say. He rubs the back of his neck and asks one question:

"Well, can I have your number then?" I blushed and pulled my phone out and hand it to him. He puts his number in my phone and hands it back.

I smile and put it into the arm brace and give a slight head nod before taking off back to my house.

****
When stepping into the house, I notice that the house is too quiet. I go upstairs into my little sister's room and in the corner, I see the most beautiful thing in the world; it's her dress.

I walk up to it and trace the designs in it. "Wow.." I gasped.

"It's nice isn't it?" My mom questioned. "It's beautiful"

"Yeah. I wanted to get her something nice, something for her to remember. I came up to tell you that someone is at the door for you. He says his name is Kai?" She questioned.

"Oh, yeah. I met him earlier while I was on my run."

'How did he find the house?' I ask myself. I walk downstairs and to the front door. Before I could answer the door it rang once again. I opened it to come face to face with Kai.

"Oh, hey. I know this is weird, but you dropped this." He says holding up a dark blue water bottle.

"Sorry to say, but that's not mine." I say shyly pointing at the bottle as he puts it to his side and looks down.