#14 How He Asks You To Prom

It's my last year of high school and the biggest event is here, prom. My boyfriend, Kai Parker, I'm guessing, is going to make some big, extravagant promposal for me; so I've heard.

My friends and I sat in our Algebra 2 class in boredom.

"When will this end?" I groaned. Jenessa looked at her phone under the desk and sighed,"In 45 minutes." I let my head fall into my hands and the teacher spoke.

"Y/N, please pay attention." Mr. Smith asked. I slowly lift my head up and did a sarcastic smirk.

"I hate this teacher. This is my last year, thank god." I groaned once again. My friends all nodded their heads in agreement.

My mind floated off into space once again,"Y/N, I said to pay attention. Did you hear what Derek said?" Mr. Smith announced.

"Obviously I didn't. Derek talks to low, so I didn't hear him."

"Okay then, pay attention." My head rolled. He went and started to explain it, but before finishing his explanation, he called on me. Again.

"Are you listening Y/N?"

"Can you call on someone else, please." I say annoyed.

"No need for an attitude." Mr.Smith spoke before some boy in the class made a stupid noise to tag along with it.

"Can you not? I've had it with this damn class."

I do the rest of my work, the teacher continues to piss everyone off in the class and before I knew it, the bell rang for lunch. Grabbing my books and binder, I leave the class and go to lunch. I stand in the lunch line and wait patiently.

The line moves agonizingly slow and it feels like I've been waiting for forever. I grab a chicken sandwich from off of the lunch counter, type in my number and go sit at my table. Jenessa, Katy and Dezzi all sat at the table when they got their lunch.

We made small talk about the class before and how we thought it was dumb for Mr.Smith to put me on the spot even after I told him that I didn't know. After talking for a few minutes, someone from the senior class stood up and got the attention of the cafeteria.

"Can I please have your attention?" He yelled. We all turned around and payed attention. "We have a special announcement going on today, a very special promposal."

Jenessa looked at me and smiled. "Just because they said something about a promposal doesn't mean it's for me. Plus, I haven't seen Kai all-" I started.

Kai walked through the cafeteria doors with a bouquet of roses, a teddy bear and I a large poster that was being held by the two boys in my last class. My hands flew to cover my face.

"I'm red. I know I'm red. Oh my gosh." Kai walked over to our table and stood by me.

"Y/N, will you make me the happiest man and go to prom with me?" Kai smiled. I stood up, smiled and ran into his arms.

"Of course." I whisper. "I live you. I really love you." The cafeteria erupted into cheers and whistles.

"Kiss. Kiss. Kiss. Kiss." They said. Kai looked at me and shrugged his shoulders. He gave me a two second kiss on the lips and pulled away before kissing me on my forehead.

Kai sat down with our table and made small talk.

The best thing was, I got to go to prom with the best and most favorite person in the world, and he made it worth my while....