8.Best Friends

Ayana P.O.V

I walked out of the ball room with Ivan, and he stopped looking at my hand for a moment. I did have t clinched tight and I don't know why I was do that.

"Are you going to punch me?" He asked making me smile.

"Only if you want me too." I replied and he grabbed my wrist pulling me with him.

He walked me around the house, than into the back yard, and around the house. I looked at the garden that sat there and then over to the shed that was next to it.

"I know you're having problems being here, and I know you have a special gift that you hide. So I turned the green house, into a space or you." He said as me made it to the glass house.

He opened the door and the amount of heat that was in here was beautiful. I walked deeper into the place and it was covered in flowers that are slowly dying, and I smiled closing my eyes. I felt his walk behind me, and I turned to thank him for this. I looked up at the amount of sweat that was all over his face and his white shirt that was almost wet.

"You should stand outside." I said looking at him, but he didn't talk.

"Ayana I, want to be friends with you." He said giving me a smile.

"That would be nice, I did judge all of you here before I got to know any of you. I know being here is hard sometimes, and I know that white people really wasn't my chose of race, but maybe I was being ignorant." I said walking around the room more.

Ivan P.O.V

I watched Ayana walking around the room, and maybe she didn't notice the fire foot steps she was leaving behind. I was hot as all hell in this room, but I couldn't walk out on her, not when she was smiling this much. I liked being with her, but everything about her gave me bad memories and I had to tell her something about it. According to Mark if I told her about it, than maybe she can help me with it. I don't think she can help me, but I do have a soft spot for her so maybe I can say something.

"I didn't want to get close to you because I have a problem with Vampires, and black women." I said making her turn to look at me.

"I never though of myself as a racist person but over the years, that's kind of what I turned into. When I graduated from the high school me, Mark and other guys from the pack went to a party. That where I ran into a group of vampire for the first time, and they where all black woman that tricked us. Six of my friends died that night from them, and after that I was just turned ignorant about people like you." I said and she walked to me.

"Oh Ivan, you don't ever have to worry about me doing anything wrong to you." She said walking behind me to flowers and I turned looking at her.

"You're my mate after all, and I do love you." She whispered that so I wouldn't hear, and I pretended that I did hear her say that.

My heart was fluttering, and my stomach was jumping with excitement that she did love me. I hide it but that mate bond is stronger than most would really understand, as much as she got on my nervous I still wanted her. I looked at the sweat that was covering me and took off my jacket and shirt, trying to find relief from this heat.

"Oh your birthday gift." Ayana said walking over to me.

She stopped in front me and held up a necklace that she had in her hand. I looked at the little necklace with a small red ruby on it and she smiled at it.

"The fire that's in me was passed down to me, and the man that trained me to use I gave me this necklace before he died. He was a special friend to me, and his necklace means a lot to me, and I wanted you to have it." She said offering it to me.

I gave her a smile before I turned around and ducked down for her. She wrapped it around my neck and snapped it, and I smiled at the though of her giving me this kind of gift. I stood up and looked at her and she looked down at it smiling, but I just looked at her lips. I grabbed her waist, and without thinking I pulled her to me, and landed my lips on hers. Shockingly she didn't move away from, and she pressed her lips back to mine a little. She tasted so sweet, but as I pushed more I heard a knock on the door and I pulled away looking over to the door.

"Well hello." Nate said looking at the two of us.

"Well hello to you Nate." I said annoyed that he came at this moment.

"I see you and your Luna are getting closer." She said slightly laughing.

"Ayana this annoying man is Nate, he's another Alpha of this area." I said and she looked at him giving him a nod.

"Well damn Nate, I was looking for you fucking lost." Cascade said walking in behind him but stopped.

"Damn it's hot in here." She said back out a little and I noticed Ayana freeze in place. 

I looked at her watching Cascade hard, and Cascade returned the look to her. Nate noticed this as well, and I didn't know what the hell was happening.

"Ayana?" I said grabbing her hand but moved back when she burned me.

"Cas?" Nate said as it started to thunder and rain out side.

Ayana didn't talk as she stepped out of the heels she was wearing and Cascade did the same thing.

"Leave my house." Ayana said to her with a strong voice.

"Make me." Cascade said with a voice just as strong.

Nate looked at me with a confused face that matched mine, as the two of them started for each other. I tried to grab Ayana again but she burned my hand again, and Nate tired grabbing Cascade but she slipped away from him. I'm not sure what the hell just happened but it wasn't good.