23.Closer

***Reader statement***

This is a longer book than the others have been, and since I don't want to rush this book it's going to be a few chapters. I expect to be done with this by late June so don't expect this book to end soon. Lastly, I have been updating slow and I'm sorry, but I'm going to make them more back to back now.

***Thank you***

Ivan P.O.V

I looked at Ayana setting on the edge of the bed as I got dressed for the day. She was still angry and I could tell, by her angry thoughts. I didn't say anything to her because she knew she was wrong, and I didn't need to tell her. She was just always hard head about everything and didn't trust anything I said the first time.

"You're getting angry." She said feeling my emotions.

"You fucking think!" I yelled in my alpha tone and she jumped off the bed.

"Ivan, I had everything under control, nothing was going to happen." She yelled back clearly angrier now.

I moved to walk around the bed to her when someone knocked on the door. She looked at me giving me a smirk that annoyed the hell out of me. 

"Get dressed," I said looking at her brown long legs.

I walked to the door and like I expected it was Calvin and Noah. They both gave me smiles as I let them both into the room.

"Everything alright in here?" Calvin asked walking into the kitchen.

I looked at the still burned floor and I only got angry all over again. I don't know if I'm anger more about her risking her life with the jerk or the fact she wouldn't tell me that. Did she really not trust me? Did she really not need me? I looked at Calvin and Noah who talked about something, and I felt...sad. Its, not all the time I feel this emotion but I do now. 

"Hey," Ayana said walking into the kitchen with a dress on.

Noah and Calvin both gave her a hug and she returned it but her eyes stayed on me. I could hear her thoughts, and she was still angry like I expected.

"Guys can you come back later, I and Ayana need to talk," I said and they both nodded.

They both walked out the room leaving me and Ayana alone, and I knew she could feel my feelings right now.

"I said I was sorry." She said.

"What did he tell you?" I asked her ignoring my own feelings.

"Are you really this insecure that you can't express your feelings to me, of all people me!" She screamed at me.

"This isn't about my feelings!" I yelled back n my alpha tone.

"Stop doing that!" She said moving to me holding her ears.

Before she could get any closer to me, I pulled her arms down from her ears and made her look at me. She was clearly angry and her thoughts were unclear and fuzzy from her anger.

"Ayana this isn't about us right now," I sad back to her but I'm not sure what this even about.

She pulled from me and her eyes glowed red, and her fangs hung from her mouth as she looked at me. I already know what Kalan said to her, I read her thoughts earlier, so I'm not sure why I asked her about it. I turned my back to her heading to the front door when I heard her thoughts screaming in her at me.

"This was a mistake, he was a mistake, happiness isn't worth this if he can't trust me I'm not going trust him." She said looking at me as I turned to face her.

"You think this is about trust Ayana," I said moving to her and she crossed her arms.

"I trust you enough to sleep with you, I trust you more than I trust myself. I trust you with my family, my pack, my life and even if the problems you have never let me down. This isn't about me and you damn well know it, it's about you still be this Vampire Princess." I said as the room turned calm, and her eyes welled up with tears.

"I am a Vampire Princess." She said and that pushed my button, making me hit the table so hard it broken the two back legs of it.

Ayana watched as everything fell to the ground, glasses breaking, food flying and water splashing around.

"You're a lot of things, but you're my fucking mate first! I'm a son, CEO, Wolf, Vampire, Alpha but I'm first and foremost your mate. You come first no matter what the hell is going on, always! You always come first, but you can't let me know when the person that is trying to kill is in our room. You can't work with me as a fucking team, something so simple but you want to only be Ms.Vampire Queen." I said extremely angry and Ayana just looked at me.

"I said I was sorry more times than I can count, what do you want from me?" She said cleaning her face.

"To mean it," I said moving closer to her and she grabbed my arm.

I hated that she touched me, and even though I kept my emotions in check and kept my expression hard she melted me. Her touching me only made me fall in love with her all over again.

"Ivan, I know it doesn't always seem like it but I love you, and this pack, and our family. I know it's no excuse but this is the first relationship I've ever been it, and it's hard when you love something this much. Kalan is a problem, but I knew he wasn't going to hurt me so I didn't wake you. I thought I could just deal with it on my own, and if he tried anything I was stronger than him. We are a team, and if this is going to work I need to work with you better, and you need to open up as well. I can feel your emotions going crazy, you can't hide from me and I don't want to hide from you." She said pulling me to her.

She grabbed the collar of my shirt and pulled me down into a kiss that made me smile. I felt her hand move down a touch my wedding ring, and I looked at her as she pulled away from me. 

"So are you ready to kill Kalan with me?" I asked her and she smiled.

"I love how you talk dirty to me." She replied making me laugh.

She turned walking away from me as she pulled the straps to her dress of her shoulders. Her dress fell to ground showing off her pink lace panties that made her dark skin look beautiful. She glanced back at me over her shoulder, and she unsnapped her bra and tossed it back to me. She turned into the bedroom, and I was already taking my shirt off as I almost fell chasing after her. Kalan is going to die, but he can wait a few hours.