superl-ly natural

okay so if you haven't heard,
i'm going to be leaving this account soon
and I told you guys that I'd be publishing a book to "replace" this one
but that obviously ain't going to happen so I thought I owed you guys the 6 chapters I have pre-written but don't get attached because I'm not going to be writing anymore
and this is straight copy and pasted
not erasing or anything
~~•~~ between chapters

What happens when you mix
a stubborn vampire,
a pensive witch,
an excitable werewolf,
a secluded ghost,
a flirty merman,
and a... human?

You get chaos...

and maybe a little bit of love along the way.

Ships: Merome, Poofless, Vikklan

Sideships: idk read to find out

Warnings: cussing, possible violence/blood

HIGHSCHOOL AU

poofless-centric

~~•~~

chapter 1

Note: please do not comment on why I made the person the certain creature (I know people will question why I didn't make Jerome the werewolf/Lachlan the ghost) I made Lachlan the werewolf and Jerome the ghost because I could plus I didn't want to follow the status quo and werewolf Lachlan sounds adorbs

Preston hummed quietly to himself as he walked down the empty halls. He had recently moved to the town of Misty Hollows, Maine and he felt a little uneasy about the town, but his parents just told him it wasn't anything important. He had done some research about the town to find out about scientist's studies there of supernatural creatures. Apparently, this town was like a magnet to the mysterious aspects that most would never dream of even being real. Werewolves, voodoo, vampires, and other creepy stuff. The only appealing part about the place was that it was on the coast, but it was almost always cloudy.

Maybe it was just because their mailman reminded Preston of a werewolf with all the hair, or because the grocery bagger looked as pale as a ghost, but the town really gave him the creeps and he could not just push it off. And the school wasn't anything better.

"Welcome to Patherton High, how can I help you, darling," the secretary, named Mrs. Puncture, asked Preston when he walked up. She was an old woman with many wrinkles littering her worn face. She wore too red of a lipstick that did not compliment her very pale complexion. It looked like she literally used baby powder as makeup.
"I'm, uh, Preston Arsement. Im a new student," Preston says rubbing his arm. Something about this lady really set his instincts on edge, and he didn't know what it was.

"Oh, okay," she sends a toothy grin to Preston sending chills down his spine before typing away on her dinosaur of a computer. Preston was sure they don't make models anymore like the one she has. He also noticed her canines were to a much sharper point than he'd ever seen before, but just brushed it off thinking nothing of it. After a second and a quick run to the printer Mrs. Puncture returned with some papers in her hand. "This is your schedule, sweetheart," she told him handing him a blue piece of paper, "and I have your- oh! Why is your species blank?" she questioned pointing to the part that said "Species:_____." There's that question again.

What is your species?

And every time, Preston had the exact same answer: "um... human?" He didn't get why everyone asked him his species. Isn't everyone a human? Preston simply shrugged not really knowing what to say to the women. She furrows her eyebrows leaning closer to the boy and sniffing making Preston step back slightly freaked out... maybe a lot freaked out. "Hmm.." she ponders tapping her chin putting the remaining papers on her desk, "you don't smell like anything I've ever seen," she comments, a thoughtful expression still plastered on her face. Preston brushes off the weirdness of that sentence thinking it's just some old person jibber jabber. "Well, it's none of my business, you must've passed the test, so you have to be some type of creature," she shrugs before straightening up her desk. Preston probably should've walked away at that point, but something told him the woman wasn't done speaking. She wasn't and mumbled something, not realizing Preston was still there, saying, "maybe water nymph, they're scent is always washed out." Preston furrows his eyebrows in confusion at the secretary's words.