I. In a Rundown Bar

╔═════ ∘◦ ✾ ◦∘ ══════╗in a rundown bar !╚═════ ∘◦ ❈ ◦∘ ══════╝

in a rundown bar !
╚═════ ∘◦ ❈ ◦∘ ══════╝

1973, Vietnam

" Are you sure, that this is where we can find him?" Houston asked, pushing his glasses further to the bridge of his nose in anxiety- or fear , Wendy couldn't tell.

They navigated through the raining streets of Vietnam, it was packed and crowded with people - even by night the city was buzzing , filled with noise and life.

" Yes, I'm one hundred percent sure," Wendy lied, in fact she was starting to question herself if he was truly here. In the furthest corners of Vietnam's slums.

" Right, and we'll find him in some kind  of cheap bar ? I thought this guy was a captain, who served the British army. Shouldn't he be chilling by the sea side or something?"

" Don't ask me," Wendy rolled her eyes," Not sure what happened either. All I know is that he doesn't go by Captain anymore. He's more of a Mercenary."

They stepped inside one of the clubs, the walls were thrumming with music and people swarmed in and out of the entrance. The stench of beer and cigarettes made her nauseous, and she wanted to get this over with as soon as possible.

" This guy better be worth it," she muttered.

" Oh he is," Randa piqued in.

Not long after, they were face to face with a man by the pool table. He was tall - he was slightly taller than Houston, and he was a giant within Wendy's perspective.

It happened to fast for her, and in a blink a fight had erupted- typically in places like these. One man lunged at him, and swiftly he lifted his cue stick and struck him in the head.

Soon, two more crowded him, yet the two ended up on the ground faster than Wendy could breathe out in awe.

"Captain James Conrad, commander of the air - commander of the sky," Randa smirked.

He slid behind a table, Randa and Houston started discussing their plans. Wendy watched in silence.

James kept on denying at first- "An uncharted island. Let me list all the ways you're gonna die: rain, heat, disease-carrying flies, and we haven't started on the things that want to eat you alive."

But when money was put into play, it didn't take long for him to accept.

After giving him further details - meeting points and such , they were ready to leave. At least Wendy was, she was sure that the music was close into damaging her ear drums.

" Wait," James gently pulled her arm just as she was about to leave," I didn't catch your name."

Houston gave her an apologetic look, Randa didn't seemed to care.

" It's Wendy. Wendy Kai."

He smiled, and it was a mystery to her on how gentle his smile felt, when he could easily break a guy's nose with his fist.