VI. I spot with my little eye

╔═════ ∘◦ ✾ ◦∘ ══════╗I spot with my little eye !╚═════ ∘◦ ❈ ◦∘ ══════╝

I spot with my little eye !
╚═════ ∘◦ ❈ ◦∘ ══════╝

" I spot with my little eye," Mason hummed," Something green."

" Jesus, I can't believe you're doing this right now," Slivko grumbled.

" If you don't want to join, just keep your mouth shut- at least it'll distract most of us from panicking," Mason bit back.

" Trees ?" Houston looked around.

" Grass?" San Lin joined in.

A couple of miles from the crash, they met Houston, San and Victor.They said that the group scattered away from one another when the gorilla came.

" Um, a bush?" Wendy tried, well at least playing the game distracts her from the headache.

" No, try again."

" Well everything here is mother-effin green ! What am I supposed to be looking at?" Slivko complained.

" That," James replied, and everyone followed his gaze behind Slivko. By the river laid a creature twice the size of a truck, covered in green moss and brown patches of fur.

" Well, that's technically green," Wendy gulped, and James moved infront of her - sticking out and arm as a protective gesture to shield her.

" Don't move," he ordered everyone.

Slivko- the only 'trigger happy' one amongst them instantly aimed his gun at the bison-like-animal. His hands shook as he pointed it, fear nearly paralyzing him.

" Slivko calm, down," James approached him, trying to make him lower his gun. Everyone knew that if he pulled that trigger, it'll do no good and more harm.

Wendy silently observed James, he was the one most unnerved amongst the group- a natural born leader trained to survive in the toughest of times.

Not once did she saw a flash of panic in his eyes throughout the incident, it's one of the things Wendy admired about him.

Slivko finally put down his gun as the animal left, and the group continued trekking through the island.

Wendy fastened her pace to keep up with James," What you did back there- it was quite impressive."

" Anyone can do that."

" It's easier said than done, thank you- for leading us this far, James."

" Don't thank me yet," he chuckled, yet it came out heavy, as if something was weighing him. No doubt that it was worry- just because one does not show fear , doesn't mean one is not afraid.

" We'll make it to the meeting point , three days seems like plenty of time," Wendy tried to sound optimistic, but even she doubt that they can reach the other side of the island in 72 hours - maybe even less since it's nearly sundown.

James abruptly stopped, and if Wendy didn't stop on time she would've collided against him- not that she actually minded.

In front of them was a temple, reduced into a dilapidated state. Ruins and rubbles scattered around it, yet it was visible that it was manmade.

James gestured everyone to be cautious and quiet as they walked inside. It seemed abandoned at first- isolated and forgotten.

Until Mason started taking pictures, and she and Wendy were shocked to find out that the walls had eyes - literally.

The two women screamed, and instantly another pair of eyes appeared. Until the walls littered with them.

The eyes turned to people - and they were painted to camouflage against the walls. They approached the group with spears.

The group was cornered, and they all huddled in a circle.

" Out of the frying pan-" Wendy whispered.

" - and into the fire," James continued.