XIV. By Your Side ; Epilogue

╔═════ ∘◦ ✾ ◦∘ ══════╗by your side !╚═════ ∘◦ ❈ ◦∘ ══════╝

by your side !
╚═════ ∘◦ ❈ ◦∘ ══════╝

" What are you guys planning to do when you get back ?" Mason asked as she nursed a bottle of beer," I'm definitely going to go see my boyfriend."

They were all gathered in one table, finishing up dinner.

Slivko sighed," I'm definitely going to call my mom, and go see her."

" Oh, so you're a momma's boy," Mason giggled, and Wendy couldn't help but smile when he rubbed the back of his neck.

" She must've been worried sick," he admitted.

" How about you Houston?" Mason gestured at the scientist- who had his arm slung around San.

" Probably sort out the mess in MONARCH , with Randa gone," he trailed off with a heavy sigh, heart heavy from the loss of his friend.

San rubbed his hand," May he Rest In Peace."

After a minute of silence Houston asked Hank, and he enthusiastically replied," What am I going to do? Heck- everything I've missed in the past 28 years ! Watch a baseball game, eat a hotdog and drink some good beer. See my wife- man , I miss her."

James chuckled," I'm sure she misses you too."

" How about you tracker- any plans?" Slivko asked, " I mean , with all the money they're offering you- you gotta have some plans with it."

James shrugged, " I've got a few plans."

He gave Wendy a wink,smirking at her , and she chuckled- looking away.

-

Wendy leaned against the railing of the ship, watching the rhythmic tide sway against the boat.The sea hummed- and Wendy could feel herself relax under its lullaby.

There wasn't a star in sight ,yet the moon hung high and bright - illuminating against the void sky. Her cheeks were rosy from the night breeze, and she could feel herself shiver against the thin material of her blouse.

She heard footsteps approaching her, and before she could turn around - a jacket was draped over her.

" You shouldn't be out here all by yourself," James looped his arm around her shoulders,pulling her close. She could feel the heat of his body radiate around her- making her sigh in content.

" How many times do I have to remind you that I'm capable of taking care of myself ?"

" Hm," he hummed," More than thrice now. But I don't mind, I like protecting you."