V. We Need a Doctor

╔═════ ∘◦ ✾ ◦∘ ══════╗we need a doctor !╚═════ ∘◦ ❈ ◦∘ ══════╝

we need a doctor !
╚═════ ∘◦ ❈ ◦∘ ══════╝

" We need a Doctor !" Shouted Reg Slivko.

" She is the Doctor," James replied,pulling out supplies from the torn first-aid kit bag.

" Oh, then we're so screwed," was Slivko's reply, as he help support the injured medic against his shoulders.

He was the first one to see James shielding her in his arms when the crash took place - and when they were both flung out of the chopper, he was the one who recovered first to bring the kit to them.

Wendy's right temple was bleeding, and she was struggling to keep her eyes open," You know I can still hear you, right?"

She groaned in pain, her muscles ached along with the rest of her joints. Blinking through her hazy vision, she could see a scratch against James's cheek, and a small gash against his upper forearm.

" You're hurt."

" I'm aware, but you're hurt too."

" Please, I'm a Doctor , I'll be fine.On the other hand, I'll have to give all of you a checkup first,"she scoffed- at least try too, it sounded more like a wince.

Mason was behind James, brows creasing in worry when she took the bandage from him," Please."

James wanted to argue, but he kept his mouth shut- arguing with a medic on her field of specialty wasn't the best thing to do- regardless the case.

" Alright."

The next couple of minutes were used to patch up anyone who was hurt, and soon she was back on her feet- although the headache still lingered against her skull.

" We need to get going," James said as he gazed into the distance, eyes searching for the massive gorilla that had nearly killed them.

" Isn't anyone going to talk about this ? I mean things like this don't just happened everyday - it's n-not natural !" Slivko stammered, rambling on as panic overtook him.

" Slivko! We don't have time for this, everyone around you is just as shaken as you are - but please for the meantime, we have to keep moving," Mason pleaded.

" She's right," James agreed. Wendy saw that the scratch against his cheeks were still open, and it was slightly bleeding as he speak.

" Wait, James," Wendy stopped him, and she pulled out a Bandaid," Hold still."

Without thinking, as if it was an instant reaction - she braced one hand against his shoulder , and in her tip-toes she leaned forward to place the band aid against the scratch.

" There," she smoothened out the band aid, and she looked up to see James looking down at her, lips slightly parted.

They were awfully close- both were stained with ash and dirt, and she could feel his breath against her skin - and the tropical jungle suddenly felt hotter than it was before.

Wendy jumped back, her face heating up," Ah, we should get going."

James turned his head away, one hand rubbing the back of his neck," Yes, we should."

Wendy pressed a palm against her forehead," Real smooth Wendy Kai, real smooth.Get a grip ! You don't have time for that. You're practically trying to stay alive from a carnivorous mammal that's the size of a building !"

She inhaled deeply, gathering back her composure. James turned to give her another smile, and she instantly thought :

" Okay, maybe I do have a little time for that."

----

( A/N ) : Hello! I'm so glad to see that many of you guys are enjoying the story :) thank you for your support and comments , they're much appreciated !

Feel free to leave in Comments and reviews <3