Chapter 2

Leah swam around the docks of Gotham eagerly awaiting anything that the humans would drop in the harbor, mostly she found bits and bobs of trash and plastic bags and such but occasionally the humans would drop something good in there. Like a sand seat.

or snacks such as bits of the food by the docks fair grounds

or snacks such as bits of the food by the docks fair grounds. Either way she was pleased to see what awaited her each day. It was an interesting time when something ginormous and shiny dropped into the harbor. She knew it belonged to humans because she saw humans inside of it. A man with green hair swam out of it and before she could swim to the woman a creature took her above water again. That really was an interesting day. She hoped that whoever those human were thy didn't try to come back for her now made home. She had drug all of her items their and set everything up the way she wanted it and she didn't need anybody messing it up. She became frightened and curious however, when a boat came by and stopped in front of her home. Quickly she swam inside to avoid being seen and swam out once the boat had left. It was getting late so she went to the fair docks to fight the seagulls on the water for food.

So this is just another quick chapter. The story will get better as we go so hang in there my fellow mermaids!!
(Why is their no mermaid emoji!?)